Archlord Beta

General Gaming News
ze1ro

Post by ze1ro »

So the beta is up for most people out there who have signed up for it.

What is archlord?
Archlord is another MMORPG pumped out to peak the world dominating, dictator like, grind monkey, killer inside of you.

This game is based around becoming the archlord of the server. to become the archlord you have to meet the min lvl requirment of lvl 60 and then pull a guild together, or be in one that consist of lvl 60 players. after that is met you get to go and siege 3 castles. while sieging with your massive siege weapons and clan mates, you have to capture these stone thingies (forgive the lack of knowledge there). after captured them all you challange the boss of the castle. if you manage to kill the boss you will recieve another stone. this stone grants you access to the archlord castle. i believe you only get to siege one castle and then 2 other guilds siege the other ones. once all the stones are collected and you stand b4 the archlord castle, the real fight begins. your guild goes head to head with the 2 other guilds, racing to get to the archlord. once you and team mates reach the archlord, it's an all out battle to destroy archlord. Now that the smoke is gone and air is all clear, those who were once there will have a new kind of fear. your guild will elect the new archlord(if your victorious) and poof. new archlord. the archlord gets a physical change to reflect the new power held. you get new gear, a pet, controll tax rate(line the pockets with some extra dough), and you get rain hell down on the planet in battle.

There are 3 races to the game. Moon elves, humans, and orcs. the moon elves are a race of seemingly all female rangers and mages. they dont have a tank class but they are the only race with a summoner class. humans have all the basics, your rangers, knights, and mages. orcs are the same. the down side to the game, character wise, is that depending on the class you choose depends on wether you'll be a male or female, if u follow. this worries me bc of the clone factor but there a quite of few options for customising the face and hair.....yippie.... :rolleyes: A bonus to the game is the use of a mount. each race has their own mount and you do get a weapon specificly for use on a mount. i havent gotten that far so i dont know how much fun they are. lvl 35+

So far i've a lvl 8 moon elf ranger. she's cute and deadly. it's been a typical mmo so far but there a some things i noticed off the bat. i like how they've set it up so that when you have lvl'd there was always something new that you can get. I remember my days in l2 getting to a lvl and being piled with everything at once and then having to grind out 3-4 more lvls to get new stuff or even grinding out 9 lvls for gear that did very little for you. the quest are simple at first mostly running around town just getting to know where different npcs are and becoming familar with controlls, menus and ur general surroundings. then it takes you off to wild for some killing just outside of town and further on as u progress. one thing that i kinda like but may be difficult later for noobs, is that they get you started off early in quests to work with a team. the quest have a wow like feel to them. they give you good xp and decent rewards to help you progress with out having to do too much of the grind. the skills are plentiful and they have some nice animations for them and there is also the standard lvling of the skills or as they call it "stages".

The other element of this game is the PVP. which i've only had a min to try it but it had a Lineage 2 feel to it. i'm still too low to really have fun with it. there 1 more aspect which may deter some of those care bears out there. the ability to pk is available in this game. basicly u can kill any 1 outside of a protected zone. now to keep people from going too awal with it, they've set up a bounty system where if people pk to much, there name goes on a list and u get to hunt them for a good amount of money...oh and they list if your online or not.

there is some other skills that are universal, such as cooking and alchemy but i've messed with those yet so i dont have much to say on it. there's also some other skills that i'll try to update if people are interested.

The grphx are nice, not amazing or anything but better then pretty much all of the mmo's out there atm.

The controls are pretty standard. it's not as fluid as wow but we'll see what they do as the beta progresses

so far i give the game 7/10, i havent really tried the pvp yet but once i do i'll try to re-rate the game

Z1
Last edited by ze1ro on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.