Cod4 Vs Bf2

PC & Console gaming
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've got BF2 but don't play it as often as I used to, how does COD4 compare?

Looking at some of the vids I've watched on YT COD4 is just as nice graphically as BF2, but seems a little more arcade-like, if you catch my drift. Are the maps much smaller? I take it there are no vehicles?

The demo is a 1.4GB download - I'd rather take a walk to the shop and buy it if the recommendations were good enough.

BUT... this said, there are BF developments ahead that could make COD4 a wet fish across the face, such as BF:BC, and BF3... <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijncXnN ... re=related" target="_blank">You Tube Vids</a>... what do you reckon... :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Imo cod4 is very manic and fast, I normally only survive a minute before respawning again. Much faster paced than bf2. Some cod4 servers are set with no respawn till end of round and no ammo count / no aiming dot which is better so rambos not need apply.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Nellyboy wrote: so rambos not need apply.
Oh... :unsure: :(
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The maps in COD4 are a lot smaller than BF2 and are easier to learn. Saying that it looks like there has been a lot of thought put in to the map design and I'm still finding places to get to to give you a good angle on the enemy.
I like the foot soldier only game, but you can call in air strikes and chopper support. A couple of guys on your team with light machine guns will bring down the chopper.
Weapons range from assault rifles, sub machine guns, light machine guns, shotguns and sniper rifles. If you choose sniper class you wear a ghillie suit which makes you very hard to see. The graphics in this game are amazing.

When you start off with multiplayer you have basic kit primary weapon and side arm. As you get kills with you primary weapon you can get unlocks. Some have grenade launchers, silencer, red dot sight and then 4x ACOG site. I favour the silencer with iron sights on my weapons. This cuts out the muzzle flash and you are not seen on the enemys UAV (unmanned ariel view). Get a 3 kill streak call UAV with lasts for 30 seconds, 5 kills gets you a airstrike and 7 gives you chopper support.

Not all weapons are available from the start some are unlocked at higher ranks. These start at 1 and go to 55. You also get perks you have 3 groups and can choose 1 from each group so you can customise you character. You can save 5 characters but can only change them when you are not playing. A list of perks and what ranks you can get them can be found<a href="http://blandname.com/2007/11/12/call-of ... criptions/" target="_blank"> here</a>

Knife kills are instant in this game just sneak up behind an enemy for an instant humiliation kill or get the enemy when he is reloading. My memory is still correct and I owe you a knife kill from BF2 Claw (The Hammer never forgets).

I tend to favour the Hardcore team death match version of the game. This takes off the UAV until your team earns it and needs less hits to take a player down. On the normal game I could put a full clip into the enemy and not kill him :(

Since playing COD 4 I haven't played any other game. My favourite map is Overgrown and I tend to play on the <a href="http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... p_players/" target="_blank">Yorkshire Lads Hardcore server</a>

I enjoy the game and haven't regretted buying it.

I just wish a few more clan members would play COD4.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Is there a lot of depth to the game - in terms of strategy that is?

I'm also concerned about the girlie suits the snipers have to wear... :unsure:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you choose sniper class you wear a ghillie suit which makes you very hard to see. <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ghillie suit - girlie suit? geddit? :P :D
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

I love CoD4, played the hell out of it since release, didn't manage to play with any of you from GSV as I'm playing it on PS3.

I've also recently picked up Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 so that's stolen my CoD4 love for now... Until I grab the new map pack, then I'll probably be back over to CoD4 :D

It's a great game Claw you should get it!