Bf2 Config

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

What kidna setup are you girls using, mainly looking at the plane/helo config, cant seem to get mine quite right..

Toying with the idea of setting up the stick and trying that..
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

I am using the Logitec 3D Extreme Joy stick for Helo/jets Think it's the model down form Myo's. I did find though that you have to disable the Logitec Software to make it usable.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I use keyboard all the way.

I've tried joystick for helo/plane but it just dont work me.

I can keep a plane in the air with joystick but a helo is way to hard to control with the stick.

The problem also lies with switching from keyboard whilst running around and then picking up the joystick when entering a jet or helo.

I did find however that part of my problem with the keyboard/mouse whilst in a helo was that i couldnt pull up from a dive quick enough, but i am currently borrowing and trialing a different mouse.

As a left hander i'm limited to which mice I can use and as such have always used a "Microsoft Intellimouse Optical" as this is an "ergonomic" mouse.

The mouse I'm currently trying is a "Logitech G3 Laser Mouse" which is also ergonomic.

The difference is however that the G3 is so much more sensitive with a higher DPI and has helped greatly with the aforementioned problem.

Of course its gonna take a while to get used to the increased sensitivity but I'm sure it will be a godsend over time.

The problem with the optical was a low DPI which meant I was pulling the mouse across the mouse mat several times trying to recover from a steep dive.
Last edited by Eagle on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I'm using keyboard/mouse for everything atm, just struggling with controlling flying things...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

I am using the logitech force 3d pro atm, I just can't fly with keys. It's like I become a total noob with a keyboard when I try and fly with keyboard and mouse.

Stick has taken a bit of getting used to and the logi software is pap so that came off after talking with ras.

Planes are relatively easy to fly compared to the choppers just takes abit of time to get used to the controls and getting them set up right in the first place. Biggest problem is practicing really on many servers it's hard to be able to practice using them as people hog the planes and attack choppers something chronic. We all found jumping onto a quiet server and just having gsv pracice dogfights worked well.

tbh with all the spiel I still think eagle is the best chopper pilot using the old keyboard and mouse, he seems to have much less erratic control over the thing.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I was thinking stick for planes and sticking with keyboard/mouse for chopper...
Will have to setup a local server and see how it goes.
Last edited by Trig on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Now that would be interesting, Any chance that you could allow external IP addresses.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yeah I'm sure we could all sit on a server n twat about for a bit, havent tweaked my gfx config since I installed the new gfx card either, would probably help if I digged out my mic as well so you can hear me laugh while I snipe you all :D
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Good idea lads, I could do with a lesson or 2 in chopperin and wingin it. I use kb for chopper and stick for jets. We need to get in the upper echelon of pilots, we is gettin owned too much by tossers.

Woohoo Tosser passes the swearfilter :)
Last edited by Nellyboy on Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Anyone know what ports BF2 uses then?
I'll see what I can do later 2nite if the missus n sprog fall asleep...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

We gonna find an empty server for a bit then, both me n eagle have tried to get a server running but with no decent results...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Sounds good to me, just waiting me tea cooking then going to jump on.

Am on ts with john already
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

no ts here, no headphones n the missus is in the other end of the livingroom with the baby
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Aww crap, loaded bf2 server, started it, comp froze, rebooted, firewall crashed on restart, no internet, blah blah.

System restore, dump bf2 server.
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

You didnt try to install BF2 Server on the same machine as your game install did you?