Xbox 360 Questions

PC & Console gaming
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

As some of you will know my Dad, Shadow Jax has just got a Xbox 360 and I have some questions.

First of all, My Dad got the Xbox Arcade which does not have a hard drive, My question is can you just throw any old hard drive in or do you need to buy a Xbox hard drive, if you can in fact put a hard drive in the arcade version?

Second how tricky is it to set up the Xbox to connect to the internet via a PC Ethernet Connection when the PC connections via a wireless connection, The PC runs on Ms Windows Xp? I will most likely have a look at it once Megan goes back to her Mothers. So I may not need this need answered.

Third, this xbox live lark whats the crack with it? Remember I have only played PC games on-line so I have no idea about paying for things that allow you to play your games on-line. Also what games are you lot playing?
Rasputin

ImageImage
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

You can't just fit any drive as of yet as it has a special caddy & as far as I am aware there has been no way around this,these are £59.99 for the 20GB.

Very easy to network it via Ethernet.

Xbox live subscription is/was £4.95 a month, you should have a months free with the360, do not set up an account via MSN on the PC, do it using the 360 to get the month's free gold account.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

I would shop around for the 360 HDD though as for £100 I can get the 120GB version from a local console shop..
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Well I will need to speak to my dad about it as it is his Xbox, But what advantages does having a HDD give you over just a memory card, We don't need it for music or films as we have one of the PC's linked up to the TV anyways.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

Just a memory card will suffice for Xbox Live, but you'll not be able to download any demos Live content etc.
D3s3rt_F0x
Advanced Member

Post by D3s3rt_F0x »

The problem with just a memory card is that some games will only work if you have a hard drive plus the Hard Drive is needed if you really want to use live as youll fill a memory card in no time at all. Best bet for a hard drive might be eBay just check there feedback to make sure theyve sold some in the past and theyve been ok.

As for live again cheapest place youll get it is ebay get it for between £20-£32 depending on the time of year, it gives you access to demos, videos etc also allows for online play. Normal cost for a 12 month subscription to the live serivce is £40 so do the same as the hard drive on ebay check the persons feedback to make sure theyve sold some in the past and if you can just ask for electronic delivery this means theyll just email you the code usually within a day (make sure the code is from europe nor america or asia as these might not work).

As for networking its easy and takes 2 secs just look in the manual it tells you how to do it all.

But to make the most of the console id deffo say get a hard drive
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

agreed with f0x get a hard drive im of to america soon and going to buy a 120gb hdd while im out there hoping it will work on a uk console im also going to buy two more pads and batterys as the prices over there are cheap lol.

If anyone wants one or two im sure i can pick some up for them
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Only think I'm after for mine is the keyboard, keep getting ppl talk to me on msn while I'm trying to play, damned slow typin on the on screen keyboard, not seen them in black yet tho :/