Quickest Easiest way to get 1.6 going again

1.6 & Source
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Hi

CBA to dig out old HL CDs etc let alone work out WTF my account details are, so what's the quickest way to get going? Is there a DVD with everything on or is 1.6 so old hat?
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

I've just used STEAM to get everything the last couple of times... system seems to work reasonably reliably these days.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Grab the steam installer
Dakaras
GSV Regular

Post by Dakaras »

Then spend 3 days trying to remember the answer to your secret question lol
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

I just donwloaded steam, clikc CS1/6 and it downloaded everything for me and worked straight away!
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

So it's all free then? I dont have to pay?
Dakaras
GSV Regular

Post by Dakaras »

Clingy wrote: So it's all free then? I dont have to pay?

Aye mate I installed HL and the CS was free DL :2t: Just got 15 19 as T Im not as bad as i thoght id be :eek:
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Lets just pretend I dont have HL ;)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hmm... can't get on GFFM server... and its empty... :huh:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

All you have to do is go to www.steampowered.com and download the client. Then you have to log in with your steamid (e-mail and password) - however if you have lost your details there is a way to get it back from steam and I believe Slatz got his back a short while ago.

Theres a section on the steam website about what details you need to send.

If not just nick Deckchairs login ;)
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Yeah....I was just wondering though whether there was a CD or DVD you could buy :o with all (or most) of this stuff on? Then I could register again? Perhaps this is a noob question? I have forgotten all about steam etc.
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Mine would appear to update itself and download more game content on a daily basis (I've got just about all the HL mods etc). I've not seen anything for Sale and I think it's all online downloads now.
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Had a look last night and tried to retrieve account. It sent an email with a new password to "the owners registered email address".

LMAO - I have changed ISPs about 6 times since then, so no hope of resurrecting it or reusing my old HL CD (if I could find it). So £4.99 HL from Play.com I guess?
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Slatz no longer had the email that he registered with but he was able to retrieve his account.

you just need to provide the information that they require (including the original email address and your new email address) and I think it took Slatz a couple of days to get his back
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Clingy.. Have a look <a href="http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin ... _faqid=294" target="_blank">here.</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Information you should provide when you submit your incident:

* Your Steam account name.
* The E-Mail Address that is on your Steam account if it differs from the one you are contacting us from.
* The complete error message if any.
* A description of the problem you are having.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They will then send you the new info to log in with ;)