Xbox 360 Elite

PC & Console gaming
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Anyone else got one ?

Finally got one, took me a few weeks of searching and putting my name down at a lot of shops. In fact I went all over Teesside and the NE and then Sheffield/Doncaster and rang online places etc and ended up getting one eventually from Doncaster HMV. Apparently the only 1 to come into stock, everywhere seemed unable to source them, just that they were all on back order.

Its different from the normal consoles as its all black inc. controller/headset and its got 120gig hard drive and proper HDMI output (same as V2 premium).

Anyways random thread but i'm happy as no more lonely nights in hotels buying rubbish pay per view films :lol:
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Sold my 360 and bought a PS3 despite all the negitivity around the PS3 I love it to bits, but I loved my 360 too, both fantastic consoles.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

At work the divide between the lads seems to be 2/3rds in favour of the 360 and most owning one. The ps3 is a nice bit of kit though, was playing the new pro evo on it last night while i was away :)
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

andrew wrote: At work the divide between the lads seems to be 2/3rds in favour of the 360 and most owning one. The ps3 is a nice bit of kit though, was playing the new pro evo on it last night while i was away :)
I found Pro Evo to be better on the 360 (slowdown is a little less noticeable) - I'm just going off the demos though haven't tried the full games.

If you want a bit of a challenge on your 360, grab a copy of Call of Duty 2 (you can probably get it really cheap now) and play through it on Veteran skill level, Its challenging without being insanely difficult, once I started I couldnt put the damn thing down, didn't really enjoy the game on the PC, but loved it on the 360.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Got medal of hounour airborne and forza2 (f0x i'm gonna kick your backside :P ) and an extra controller :) I have played call of duty on f0xes 360 and its one of the reasons I actually bought the thing :)
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

I've got a 360 and a PS3, bought them to play HD movies on my 1080p 40" LCD. Games is just a bonus.
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

andrew add me on ur xbox account plz TheHolyBeever
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Not got xbox live yet, I have an account for 3 months free or sommat but im just going to toss that off and buy the full membership when I get round to it.