CD stuck in drive

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

My friend has somehow got a CD stuck in his laptop drive and i am wondering if any1 else knows how to fix this?

Usually on tray-loading drives there is a small hole on hte front of the drive where u can push a paper clip though and teh drive pops out but i dont know about a slot loader.

any help much appriciated :)

vielen dank
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Are you absolutely sure there is a disc in the drive?

Which model laptop?

While you're checking the model have you tried right clicking the DVD/CD Drive icon in My Computer and choosing eject? Could just be a problem with the button on the drive.

Will continue to ponder...
Last edited by Claw on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

Ok managed to get it out, was a strange one!

On hte slot where you put hte Cd in, there is like a felt/material surround to it. You will know what I mean if you look at one!

I think the problem was that for some reason the felt was getting in the way of the CD ejecting, so you would press hte eject button then it would make some noises but not eject.

To fix it I just put a small business card in hte slot just to push the felt out the way, press the eject button and the cd came out.

Was gald to get the CD out because it was Prison Break S01 part 2, which I am blitzing my way through :lol:
Last edited by ryanside on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

:o

200 quid+ of tools etc... must get myself a small business card... :blink:

pld R. :th:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

HAMMER IS the only tool Bryan uses ! ;)