Heavenly Justice

Also known as the "Trig and Hippy double act"

Moderator: Trig

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

A minister died and found himself in line at the Pearly Gates behind a man wearing sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket, and jeans.

St. Peter asked the man, "State your name so I may determine whether to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven."

The man replied, "I'm Joe, the taxi driver, from Noo Yawk City."

St. Peter consulted his list, smiled and said, "Here, take this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

As the taxi driver entered Heaven, St. Peter turned to the minister. "State your name so I may determine whether to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?"

The minister stood up tall and said, "I am Joseph Snow, pastor of Saint Mary's for the last 43 years."

St. Peter consulted his list, smiled and said, "Here, take this cotton robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

The minister was confused. "Hey, wait a minute. That guy drove a taxi and he gets silk and gold, while I spent my life ministering and I get cotton and wood? How can this be?"

"Simple," said St. Peter. "Up here, we go by results. When you preached, people slept. When he drove, people prayed!"
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

:D