2.8.2 Out Soon

Hoooah Soldier!

Moderator: Hammer

Bagpuss
Advanced Member

Post by Bagpuss »

I'm baaaack...and I bring word from the front

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Intelligence reports an increase of insurgent activity. Lock and load gentlemen, it’s time to go to work! America's Army is proud to present two new multiplayer missions, Rummage and SF Hospital SE.

2 NEW MISSIONS TO PLAY!
RUMMAGE : (Multiplayer)
Mission Description:
"Insurgents are returning to a small town which was formerly their base of operations. Intelligence report indicate that the insurgent force is returning to the area in order to retrieve vital supplies and materials that were left behind when the 10th Mountain Division first engaged the insurgents in this area. Retrieving these vital supplies will enable the insurgent forces to re-establish a base of operations from which to launch future attacks."

Rummage is a small urban environment that lends itself to fast paced close quarters battle. Insurgents are returning to a small town formerly used as their base of operations, and your mission is to secure all of the vital supplies and prevent use by insurgent forces.

SF HOSPITAL SE : (Multiplayer)
Mission Description:
"Following an ambush by enemy forces, a wounded resistance leader escaped to the local city hospital for treatment. The leader is a critical member of the Resistance Government within Unconventional Warfare Area of Operations (UWAO) JAZZ."

SF Hospital SE is a revised version of the classic SF Hospital map with dynamic new elements, such as modified objectives and civilian AI, which create a more immersive environment. Following an ambush by enemy forces, a wounded resistance leader escaped to the local city hospital for treatment of his wounds. Your mission is to either extract the leader or prevent him from escaping.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

More info <a href="http://www.americasarmy.com/intel/sitrep.php" target="_blank">here</a>

And I leave you with some "You know you've been playing AA:O when..." type jolity

When you miss the toilet bowl going for a pee.. and blame it on lag
When you refer to a hitting incident between your two children as just a minor TKing
When you have it on your ipod or mp3 player
when you get kicked out of bed by the gf cause I was talking in your sleep and nagging for the m82
When you expect to be able to lie prone on the edge of a counter with only your elbow and knee touching the counter.
When your mother-in-law comes over for a weekend visit, when she pulls up out front you say " enemy spotted" and when she leaves you say "enemy down "
When you see something cool or wierd IRL and reach for print screen
When somebody is taking a long time on a board game you say out loud 'votekick XXXXXX 1'
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

Hooah!! :aao: thanks for the heads up Baggy, looking forward to the Hospital map, civilian AI?? does this mean they'll be able to flash us?? :P
GSVBagpuss wrote:
When your mother-in-law comes over for a weekend visit, when she pulls up out front you say " enemy spotted" and when she leaves you say "enemy down "
That just broke me in two :lol:
Last edited by Stocky on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Cool more new maps :aao:
Bagpuss
Advanced Member

Post by Bagpuss »

Gah, played last night fof the first time in ages and got spanked. Did manage some herioc defensive saves of Bridge but got tanked on some new map I've not played.

Oh, and I flashed myself. Twice. :ph34r: :gsv:

Do people still use xfire?
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

I keep meaning to get back into AA, got too many games atm :(
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

AA: SF (OVERMATCH) V2.8.2 RELEASE NOTES America's Army: Special Forces (Overmatch)
Release Notes - Version 2.8.2

What's New

New Missions

Rummage (Multiplayer)

"Insurgents are returning to a small town which was formerly their base of operations. Intelligence reports indicate that the insurgent force is returning to the area in order to retrieve vital supplies and materials that were left behind when the 10th Mountain Division first engaged the insurgents in this area. Retrieving these vital supplies will enable the insurgent forces to reestablish a base of operations from which to launch future attacks."

Rummage is a small urban environment that lends itself to fast paced close quarters combat. Your mission is to secure all of the vital supplies and prevent use by insurgent forces.

SF Hospital SE (Multiplayer)

"Following an ambush by enemy forces, a wounded resistance leader escaped to the local city hospital for treatment. The leader is a critical member of the Resistance Government within Unconventional Warfare Area of Operations (UWAO) JAZZ."

SF Hospital SE is a revised version of the classic SF Hospital map with dynamic new elements, such as modified objectives and civilian AI, which create a more immersive environment. Following an ambush by enemy forces, a wounded resistance leader escaped to the local city hospital for treatment of his wounds. Your mission is to either extract the leader or prevent him from escaping.

Virtual Army Experience

Located just outside the Virtual Recruiting Station is the Virtual Army Experience. Walk through the virtual VAE to get a feel for what this attraction is all about and check out the VAE website for detailed scheduling information so you can visit the VAE when it's in a town near you!

Voice Activation Control

VAC enables players to use the America's Army voice recognitions system to issue commands and initiate actions. Now players have the ability to speak the radio command they issue rather than having to cycle through menus. You can also map any key to a voice command to customize your AA experience.

Field Dressing

All medic qualified players will now have the ability to treat themselves when injured in combat. They will be equipped with a single field dressing which they can use to treat their injuries until a medic arrives to render aid.

Scoreboard

We've redesigned and improved the in-game scoreboard functionality.

'Explore Map' MODE

Users can launch any map easily in offline mode to explore the mission. You no longer have to remember the command line console syntax to launch your favorite missions in single player mode.

HMMWV Improvements

The CROWS and HMMWV have been fine tuned to perform better. The weapons on the HMMWV have been tweaked to be more accurate and fun.

Enhanced Civilian AI

The civilian AI NPCs have been much improved and enemy AI has been enhanced to make them more challenging and “smarterâ€ÂÂ