Bioshock

PC & Console gaming
D3s3rt_F0x
Advanced Member

Post by D3s3rt_F0x »

Just wondering if anyone else had there eye on this or played the demo on either the 360 or PC?

Personally looks like a great game very dark and brooding and from reading the reviews out s far its been getting 95%+ and 10 outta 10.

Demo plays very well played it on both the 360 and PC and think ill be going for the PC version meself as it just seems to play better and plus need sommit to test my new PC with.

I certainly suggest if you aint seen it you go take a look at the trailers and gameplay videos knocking about.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Something that has come to light, you can only activate the game twice per cd key and its also locked to your hardware, so if you upgrade, you will need to reactivate.
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

if thats the case i aint buying a game that wont work a few months down the road.
D3s3rt_F0x
Advanced Member

Post by D3s3rt_F0x »

Madman045 wrote: Something that has come to light, you can only activate the game twice per cd key and its also locked to your hardware, so if you upgrade, you will need to reactivate.
Checking 2k forums now but seems to be mixed reports so ill keep looking but there getting hammered lol

Found out now what it is, is you can have 2 concurrent installs of the game. When you install the game it puts a tick next to the box on securecoms server, when you uninstall it it removes the tick. The problem comes if you just format a PC thats when youll need to contact 2k games

Anyway finally decided im getting the PC special edition I fancy the Big Daddy figure lol
Last edited by D3s3rt_F0x on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Im waiting to see some official review / system spec as I have a feeling my pc wont be up to spec to play it at my monitors native resolution.
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

A few people I know who have it on PC are saying its damn good but at the same time very overated.
Geist
Advanced Member

Post by Geist »

Recomended cpu is 2.5 duel or simmilar but I cant remember exactly. The normal version turned up acouple days ago into the shop.

Grabbed the pc demo last night but it wont install properly. Some msi cfg isnt setup correctly. Which I think is down to not having the latest drivers...
- Geist - Cantankerous -
- GSV - Hexus - I'm Going In - MarlinsUK - TNGC -
D3s3rt_F0x
Advanced Member

Post by D3s3rt_F0x »

Minimum system requirements are 1 gig ram Intel P4 2.4ghz ATI x1300/Nvidia 7600GT

also from 2k:

"First, let me say this: you DO NOT NEED TO USE THE INTERNET EVERY TIME YOU PLAY THIS GAME. It is only the first time.

Second, you can uninstall and reinstall this game, and if, by chance, you have 2 computers you want to simultaneously play this game on, you also can do that.

If by some chance you are reinstalling this game without uninstalling it first, a lot, there is a chance you may have to call Securom and get a key, or deactivate some older installations.

But if you upgrade your hardware next week, you'll still be able to play the game. If you revamp your system and need to reinstall BioShock, just uninstall it before you go through the overhaul, and then do your reinstall.

Calling it "hardware fingerprinting" is a bit alarmist - we do not transmit any of your data to any companies. Really, the only people who will be concerned about any of these security measures are those who are rapidly putting BioShock on many PCs.f you use the game as you normally do, you won't notice this at all."
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

ok, downloaded the 1.8GB demo and was disappointed as it only plays for about 20 mins.

On my PC, lowest FPS was 17, average was 25-30 and highest it ever got to was 40.. now if this is what crysis will be like, new pc will definitely be required as im running it all at 1680x1050
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Whats everyone think of it? was thinking of grabbing the demo myself but if it is overated I cba as its over a gig :P
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

I did enjoy it, graphics look great, scares the crap out of you when the enemy appears, must warn you there is swearing in it too...

I think it will be a good game and its certainly entering the new realms of graphics....
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Madman045 wrote: I did enjoy it, graphics look great, scares the crap out of you when the enemy appears, must warn you there is swearing in it too...

I think it will be a good game and its certainly entering the new realms of graphics....
Its getting a mixed bag of reviews, some are saying GOTY material, and others say very overrated.

Sod it i'll just grab the demo lol.
D3s3rt_F0x
Advanced Member

Post by D3s3rt_F0x »

I loved the demo meself decent length to pick up the basicas of the game using plasmids getting a taste of the story etc.

Im picking up my version later I got the collectors edition with soundtrack making of DVD and a Big daddy die cast figure
mcmav
GSV Regular

Post by mcmav »

Thought it was average wont be rushing out to get it.

1.8 GB dl for 10 (you must be poor :) if it took ya 20 minutes) play.
Geist
Advanced Member

Post by Geist »

Well the store was insane today with the amount of ppl in buying the game. When I left at 5 we had maby a dozen held aside for preorders and they were slowly being sold anyway... ;)
- Geist - Cantankerous -
- GSV - Hexus - I'm Going In - MarlinsUK - TNGC -