Breakdown Cover

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

So i'm with theAA and its been a great service for recovering other peoples cars under my name/card (but thankfully not my own car).

On the website the relay option that I have is quoted as £69.19 (under a discount), I called to see how much my renewal would be............. £92. Slight issue there, seems continual custom isn't rewarded :( Trouble is I'm finding it hard to go with anyone else except RAC or GFlag. I was tempted by some of the other e- online companies but the bottom line is theAA are massive and even if the e- companies put their work through theAA I doubt i'll get the excellent service I have from theAA.

Anyone else found this to be the case ?

Going to ring them 2moro and hopefully get my renewal at the reduced rate :)
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Wouldn't use the AA at any price, They are not the 4th emergency service, end of and their shady practices in the past with overcharging for certain parts was scandalous, more blatant than highway robbery
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Who do you use ?
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

RAC

Always been decently priced and always had great service when I've needed em.

Think we pay £120 pa for the whole family for the same as relay cover option with the AA

Basically this package: <a href="http://www.rac.co.uk/web/breakdowncover ... velCode=81" target="_blank">http://www.rac.co.uk/web/breakdowncover ... Code=81</a>
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Shop around for an insurance policy that includes breakdown cover.

My spit is insured through peter best, costs £120 a year fully comp, includes european health insurance and european breakdown cover.
I've only had to use them once, guy from a local breakdown center came and picked me up and took the car to mine.
He didn't try to fix it because i told them over the phone i just wanted a flatbed to pick me up (broken brake line).

It includes homestart too, and i pay sod all for it.

The only thing it doesn't do is cover me in other peoples cars.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've been with the AA for years, hadn't really noticed the renewal thing, I know I started off paying about £56...

Only had 1 issue with then when I crashed on that roundabout years ago, they said that I might be charged to be recovered if they didnt have a vehicle that couldnt recover me and had to call in someone else, I told them I wouldnt be paying because they didnt have the vehicle to do the job I pay them for...
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

AA here as well. Like you Andrew I looked around at renewal and couldnt find anything better. If fact I couldnt find anything that did the same service cheaper! Most will insure the car but I needed a family membership that insures each person so my kids are covered whereever they are.

I agree that I have been uncomfortable with AA since the change of ownership etc, but no one appears to be filling the gap.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

My insurance company did offer me cover at the time I refused it as I have independant AA cover plus their setup didnt offer relay etc..
D3s3rt_F0x
Advanced Member

Post by D3s3rt_F0x »

Dunno offer my dad the rewards hes been a member of the AA 25 years pays about £60 for everything for him and my mam and I give him £15 for me.

If your taking a look around mate remember quidco, theyll get cash off companies including the AA if you start again
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

All sorted, rang the AA and they price matched the web quote :)
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

im with RAC they are good never had any problems and the rents and sister are all on the same policy and if im in someone elses car that brakes down i can use it on theres to.

Infact im with both got a year free with my new car but i wont be renewing the AA one