2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

You'd be better off with a proper Landrover or even a Range Rover Clingy :)

Is it a motorbike or glorified moped :P ;)
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Perverted?
Try looking at it again with your specs on m8...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Not personally my cup of tea but I bet she can't half rack the miles up in comfort :)
Collectors item with limited numbers as well !
Hawk
Advanced Member

Post by Hawk »

looks like somthing out of judge dredd the film

might be somthing to look at when i,m old and grey

:whis:
Last edited by Hawk on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

hawk wrote: looks like somthing out of judge dredd the film

might be somthing to look at when i,m old and grey

:whis:
LOL Hawk.....believe me if my back could stand the bending required to get on a sports bike again, I would, but I'm afraid it's "gay biker" from now on for me ;)
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Bah, riceburners.

Now <a href="http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ ... allery.htm" target="_blank">here</a> is a mans bike. Only knew they existed cos there is a dealer in me high street.

Ride free bro's.

Nellster :gsv:
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Probably great for American highways but I think it might struggle on England's quaint little roads Clingy :whis:
And as for the Victory probably a great engine with all the attributes I look for in a bike , V twin and loads of low down torque but I'm afraid I detest American style cruisers with a vengeance

Now this is probably as near as I would ever get to owning a Harley in all honesty

[attachmentid=128]
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Dont think I'd ever have a Harley TBH. Dunno about you but around here the roads are far from quaint. Mainly dual carriageways and motorways and long straight single carriageways. If I want any interesting terrain I'll hop on the dirt bike :bk: .

Just not sure I have the fitness and reactions for a sports bike. And the missis has even said she might get on the back of a cruiser. She's never been on a bike in her life. Might test her out by taking my brothers Goldwing out.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Clingy wrote: Dont think I'd ever have a Harley TBH. Dunno about you but around here the roads are far from quaint. Mainly dual carriageways and motorways and long straight single carriageways. If I want any interesting terrain I'll hop on the dirt bike :bk: .

Just not sure I have the fitness and reactions for a sports bike. And the missis has even said she might get on the back of a cruiser. She's never been on a bike in her life. Might test her out by taking my brothers Goldwing out.
Plenty of quaint roads up here , I'm only 20 minutes away from the dales and can be in the lake district within an hour or so plus the North Yorkshire moors and the North of England and then there's Bonny Scotland :bk: you could ride all day up here and hardly see a dual carriage way ;)

Goldwing is the perfect bike for a first time pillion , You can turn the stereo up full blast so you can't hear them screaming :whis: :D
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Screwy wrote: Goldwing is the perfect bike for a first time pillion , You can turn the stereo up full blast so you can't hear them screaming :whis: :D
:lol:
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Screwy wrote: Probably great for American highways but I think it might struggle on England's quaint little roads Clingy :whis:
And as for the Victory probably a great engine with all the attributes I look for in a bike , V twin and loads of low down torque but I'm afraid I detest American style cruisers with a vengeance

Now this is probably as near as I would ever get to owning a Harley in all honesty

[attachmentid=128]

Why does it have a fanbelt wrapped around the wheel sprocket ? :o :unsure: :whis:

and Goldwing ftw ... good luck with 'mam' Clingy ;)
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

If it's a harley, gotta be a Vrod for me :)

Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Booking a demo ride as soon as local dealer fixes their demo bike. Last demo rider ditched it :blink: .

Shame there is only a couple of months of the year left for fair weather biking.
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Still on course for this bike. Realised that I cannot test ride before getting proper gear. So I am going to the BMF bike show at Peterborough on the 15th to get everything then book a test ride for the 22nd. All being well I'll order in October. Might even get a 2008 model, although 2nd hand bikes usually come with all the accessories (Alarm, Immobilser, back rest, screen). I see they have a cruiser version being released in the states. I have had a few doubts. At one point thought about a VFR800 and more recently a Yamaha Midnight Star. It's just a question of how much cruising I'd be doing and how much FUN riding. I intend riding through the winter as I have never been a FWR.