AAO 2.7

Hoooah Soldier!

Moderator: Hammer

Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

<a href="http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1- ... 096151.php" target="_blank">Army times</a> Nothing confirmed on the AASF site but historically Thursday is release day for updates/patches.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Oh the cogs keep a turning.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Work has begun on the next version of “America’s Army,â€
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

If they're going to introduce vehicles then they're going to have to introduce bigger maps... which would be a really good thing.

Have the rounds always been 2 to 4 minutes long? If so they'll have to do something about that too. :unsure:

:gsv: Woo hoo... we got our smilies back! :w00t1:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Rounds are as long as you want them tbh, personally I much prefered the longer rounds, stopped all the rushing and allowed tactics.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Claw wrote: If they're going to introduce vehicles then they're going to have to introduce bigger maps... which would be a really good thing.

Have the rounds always been 2 to 4 minutes long? If so they'll have to do something about that too. :unsure:

:gsv: Woo hoo... we got our smilies back! :w00t1:
Plenty of bigger maps , River basin,Mountain pass , Mountain pass Se , Radio tower and Mountain ambush to name a few as for round length , its a server side setting but most of the bigger maps are seven to ten minutes per round and seven rounds per match but again match rounds is a server setting and as for vehicles I will wait and see but the new SAI screen looks like a major dumbing down of the game imo and totally removes any pretensions the game has to realism but again we will have to see.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Ok , still nothing on the AASF site though people are claiming to be getting 2.7 from armytimes.com ,The site claims to have the game and insists that it,s released worldwide tomorrow but i cant for the life of me see a link on the page :unsure: <a href="http://www.armytimes.com/content/static ... eguide.htm" target="_blank">Armytimes.com</a>
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Ok theres a thread on AASF <a href="http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=229650" target="_blank">Forum</a> listing Torrents , The bad news is there is no patch, its a full download only and you are looking at 2.49gb :eek:

Armytimes.com says technical difficulties check back at 3:30 , doesnt say what timezone though .

By the looks of things this is another totally bolloxed up release as there is still no official announcement on the AASF site :rolleyes:
Last edited by Screwy on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Haha, welcome to the army soldier.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Its back up on <a href="http://www.armytimes.com/content/static ... eguide.htm" target="_blank">ArmyTimes.com</a> now an 11 part batch file rather than one mega download .
Last edited by Screwy on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The link isn't actually to any legit webby though is it? It's just a torrent from somewhere. :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Not managed to play it yet but first impressions of the interface are good , You now get player stats which should start many an argument :D

Will report back when I,ve actually managed to play it :hb:
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Dammit, they took down the 11 part files :(
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> As you know, America's Army is about to officially release ("Overmatch") v2.7, today! We're excited about this release as it comes packed with all new features!
Stay tuned as the official announcement is made around 1500 EST (3PM)!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Probably 10PM here. Dam I'm at work, well get it in the morning.
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

Hammer wrote: Probably 10PM here. Dam I'm at work, well get it in the morning.
I'll probaly have to do the same, but won't get on till Saturday :( , the sooner I get a new job with less hours, the better.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Just queued mine up on fileplanet. It will start in 30 mins. I'll be flat out then.