Wow

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

OK, so after months of resisting this, I've finally caved in and downloaded the 10 day trial, mainly due to pressure from a couple of work colleagues.

I know this is going to suck up hours of my life.
Other games I've got into, such as CS or IL2, the games are broken down into sections.
CS Maps rotate every half hour or whatever, IL2 missions last about the same time.
OK so I've fallen prey to the "just one more map/mission" promise many times, but at least I'm given the opportunity to bow out at regular intervals.

The problem I've got with the role playing Baldurs Gate/Dungeon Siege/WoW genre is the "OMFG it's 4am, and I'm on earlies. Is it worth me going to bed, or shall I stay up. Might just level up if I do" syndrome.

Anyone else play regularly? Do you suffer from the same syndrome?
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

I have play BG 1 & 2 as well as NWN 1 & 2 and Yes Sleep is forgotten about for me, finish the quest and level up OOOOOOOHHHH new weapon fever is great but very bad for work,
Rasputin

ImageImage
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Bob, Have been there for the past few months bud.... the amount of time WoW consumes is unbelievable.... advice DONT DO IT... I'm trying desp hard to pull away... but have started on LOTR :)

Shout me if you need any help bud... Lightbringer server Alliance Turts/Turtlette/Soeladja/Elz to name a few alts
Geist
Advanced Member

Post by Geist »

Ahh good ole WoW. I am growing bored of it these days and took something like a month off not to long again... and yet I'm playing again, raiding again...

I enjoy raiding and fighting the hard fights where everyone needs to know what their doing and be good at it. But those fights are few and far between with most ppl being able to slack apart from a few good classes.

edit : guild webby is in my siggy. Maligned.
Last edited by Geist on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Geist - Cantankerous -
- GSV - Hexus - I'm Going In - MarlinsUK - TNGC -
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

as Bob has said, its one of those games which u can just play for hours on end without noticing the time flying by. I remember the time i used to spend on Diablo 2 but from what im aware that is just a drop in the ocean compared to the size of WoW!
Geist
Advanced Member

Post by Geist »

Atm I need to get another set of armour to give me frost and nature resist; about 12 primal fires for a new tanking gun; 9 more primal nether for my armoursmith chest... the list goes on. Plus to make any kind of money I need to do the daily Qs so thats another 30mins gone just doing those :) Not even counting if I go and tank any instances for the guild or we'r raiding. :rolleyes:

So to say that its a life stealing is an understatement.
Last edited by Geist on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Geist - Cantankerous -
- GSV - Hexus - I'm Going In - MarlinsUK - TNGC -
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

I spent a year solid playing it for hours and hours every single night, it eats away every minute of your life.

My Mrs still plays but only very casually like an hour an night, but she has hammered it before now.

My advice is don't bother mate, you spend months, even years of your life chasing an item of armor or weapon, that at the end of the day is made up of pixels.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

You see, I've only just started,
NOOoooooo idea what you're talking about Geist m8... You sure we're on about the same game?
:P
Part of what attracts me is the size, and the fact that it's always changing.
I loved NWN and Baldurs etc, but the end always seemed a bit of an anti-climax tbh.
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.