Please Read Guys!

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Hatticus
GSV Regular

Post by Hatticus »

Grad wrote: Gobsmacked, gutted, angry even - such a great guy who i never had the pleasure to meet irl but from the contact i had i just KNEW he was top dollar. I don't have the words here - my heart goes to the those he left behind - Jo I am so so sorry for your loss. He left an impression on many many people. RIP Jase you will be sadly missed.
Pretty much says exactly what I'm feeling right now.

Jase, we never met in person, yet I know you were the one of the good guys in this world. It's just obvious.

Very very sad. My thoughts are with everyone.
Last edited by Hatticus on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mist - A cloud of good things to come
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Jase was the personality of the GSV clan - a clan eventually without servers, without games matches, and only intermittent gaming together - so what did keep it together despite missing these important ingredients of a clan? It is clear the reason we're all here is because these are the best and friendliest forums on the 'net. Once again achieved through Jase's personality and philosophy of "fun not frags", banter, and not taking ourselves too seriously. Friendship superseded the gaming.

These forums adopted personalities of all kinds because of his friendly tolerance at its core. Jase would often under-rate his abilities with his incredible sense of humour, as we've often heard he himself talk about Jase'ing the forums, and fudging his way through techie forum details... but what he accomplished with them is a testament to his genuine abilities.

His wife and little girls have a wonderfully kind husband and father to remember. He was a people person through and through. He will be very much missed, and not forgotten.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Claw wrote: Jase was the personality of the GSV clan - a clan eventually without servers, without games matches, and only intermittent gaming together - so what did keep it together despite missing these important ingredients of a clan? It is clear the reason we're all here is because these are the best and friendliest forums on the 'net. Once again achieved through Jase's personality and philosophy of "fun not frags", banter, and not taking ourselves too seriously. Friendship superseded the gaming.

These forums adopted personalities of all kinds because of his friendly tolerance at its core. Jase would often under-rate his abilities with his incredible sense of humour, as we've often heard he himself talk about Jase'ing the forums, and fudging his way through techie forum details... but what he accomplished with them is a testament to his genuine abilities.

His wife and little girls have a wonderfully kind husband and father to remember. He was a people person through and through. He will be very much missed, and not forgotten.
You have pretty much said everything I wanted to say Claw, this place just isn't going to be the same without the Boss!
Bean0

Post by Bean0 »

All I can do echo all your thoughts there guys,

As I got Mav to say I am extremely sadden by what I have heard.

I have had the privilege of meeting Jase and JO and he was a brilliant guy who always had time for others before himself..

I have spoken to my wee brother Sean who most might remember and he has asked me to tell the family that you are all in his thoughts and prayers..

I have the memory of the girls shouting "fire in the hole" now ringing in my ears like the used to do while we all playing...

Not much more I can say.

Bean0
Giddy

Post by Giddy »

RIP Jace terrible news, thoughts go out to your family.

Gids
doofer

Post by doofer »

Just saw this on OCUK :( Deepest condolences to Jo and the kids, very sad news. RIP Jase.
Bagpuss
Advanced Member

Post by Bagpuss »

Claw wrote: Jase was the personality of the GSV clan - a clan eventually without servers, without games matches, and only intermittent gaming together - so what did keep it together despite missing these important ingredients of a clan? It is clear the reason we're all here is because these are the best and friendliest forums on the 'net. Once again achieved through Jase's personality and philosophy of "fun not frags", banter, and not taking ourselves too seriously. Friendship superseded the gaming.

Spot on
Milky

Post by Milky »

A fantastic, generous and ever-friendly guy - shocking, tragic news. My thoughts are with his family.

Fair play to the guy, the fact that various forums with so many people across the UK and internationally are offering their thoughts is testament to the guy he was and the effect he had on everyone he met - online or off. I will continue to have massive admiration for him and he and his family can take great pride in the guy he was and the things he has achieved.

It's so tragic that he has to leave his family so early in his life.
Gordy

Post by Gordy »

I saw this on a couple of forums and its very sad news.

Jase was one of the worlds truely nice gents, I remember many a laugh playing cs with him over the years.

I know those over at digidarkroom where he was a member are very shocked by the news:

<a href="http://www.digi-darkroom.com/showthread.php?t=29218" target="_blank">http://www.digi-darkroom.com/showthread.php?t=29218</a>

I never got to meet him in person but those who have met him have said he was a very nice guy indeed.

I wish his family all the best for the future!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The Plymouth Herald has made mention of the amount of tributes pouring in for Jase:

<a href="http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/display ... K=17520550" target="_blank">Plymouth Herald</a>
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
smoothnuts

Post by smoothnuts »

I only spoke to Mr Jase once, and he was such a friendly chap. I was very saddened to hear of the news. My condolences to his friends and family.
Agro

Post by Agro »

This is such sad news, I'm finding it hard to find the right words.

Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting Jase IRL but the online gaming time I did get to share with him were always a great experience. He was such a top bloke, playing CS with him were always fun times and he will be sadly missed.

Please pass on my condolences to his family please.

RIP Jase, you where a gentleman Sir!

Andy
willgill

Post by willgill »

Just saw this on OcUK and im utterly gutted, remember Jase from the earliest days of CS and he was always around whether he was visting our server or I was on GSV, had hours/days of fun chatting through CS, always respected the great work he put in with GSV and the fact the clan is still going strong now speaks volumes about his personality/character.

Truely a huge loss and my thoughts and condolences go out to his family

RIP Jase

Will
Raz
Advanced Member

Post by Raz »

When Clingy first introduced me to CS/GSV I quickly learned that Jase was the leader of the clan. However, had I not been told I wouldn't have known, which is a testament to the type of leader he is. He was very much one of the gang but still able to instill a tremendous amount of order (and respect) to a clan which, at its peak, was huge!

RIP Jas0r
Nana

Post by Nana »

just regd to pass on my sympathies to his family.