Yawwnnn

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

You've got more money than sense! :)

I've done the whole lot for well under a grand, and when i come to change bikes, i'll instantly have all the money from my shed to go to another bike

Why didn't you get one of those bike transporter people off ebay to go get the bike? they only charge £1/mile
Or better still, drive the thing home like i did! Took me 3 hours, but only cost £4 in petrol!
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

£1 a mile ! it was a nigh on 300 mile round trip, didn't pay for the trailer (thank god as it was a beast) or the use of the car (except a few pints for the driver..... not while he was driving before someone says :P ). All the other stuff ive bought is transferable and would be needed for any bike :)
Is it wrong that i've been looking at R6's, god dam sexual pieces of engineering :D anyway must learn to walk before I fly off... sorry run :)
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

andrew wrote: Is it wrong that i've been looking at R6's, god dam sexual pieces of engineering :D anyway must learn to walk before I fly off... sorry run :)
R6 :fart: suppose someone has to like them :rolleyes: :D :P

Just take it steady to start with Andrew , Theres enough people been killed and badly injured in North Yorkshire and the lake district so far this year :( You might want to think about doing a <a href="http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/Bikesafe/Bike ... Yorks.html" target="_blank">Bikesafe</a> course at some point , It's worth doing as they will point out any problems with your riding .
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

R6 is something that very very experienced people wrap round trees at high speed, it's something that you really don't need yet, and also they are one of the ugliest bikes on the face of the planet :o

Get some piccies up then so we can see it now then ;)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

I know I know just a pipe dream at the moment, I think theyre gorgeous though :) All in good time mind, lets hope with age I get some taste..... hehe

I took her out earlier and did 35 mile, shes quick at the top of the revs :D crap down low (sub 4k) but thats to be expected with a 2stroke and a fat goit like me on it :) My m8 had a go (hes been riding years) and he got off smiling like a girl and was really pleased and said it went/handled just like his old one.

@Screwy, I rode past the start of the Stokesley > Helmsley > York back road (local nurburgring)..... I was tempted but thought i'll leave it for a few weeks before pootling along there. I just stuck to small A's and the B's round here. Definately going to take my time building up experience with this..... you get a real sense of how dangerous the roads are on a bike and how much drivers just don't see you (i'm riding with lights on full). I also realise how slow we were going on CBT and how much different a proper bike really is..... example proper brakes :)

All in all, I now 'get' what you bikers see in it all :)

I'll stop gassing on now.

Off topic, now got ground anchor in (several drill bits later).
mcmav
GSV Regular

Post by mcmav »

andrew wrote: I know I know just a pipe dream at the moment, I think theyre gorgeous though :) All in good time mind, lets hope with age I get some taste..... hehe

Screwy Rides a Ducati so with age does not come taste. :D
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Seen a 1098 the other day, brand spanking new. Now that did look the dogs danglies :D
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

andrew wrote: Seen a 1098 the other day, brand spanking new. Now that did look the dogs danglies :D
[attachmentid=102]

Just a bit :bk: not my cup of tea tbh but most of the people I know with one rave about it .
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

That is very sexy, but i think i prefer the triumph daytona or TT
That just doesn't fit the Duke image really. Where's the exposed frame?
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Hippy wrote: That is very sexy, but i think i prefer the triumph daytona or TT
That just doesn't fit the Duke image really. Where's the exposed frame?
Tubular steel frame is still part of the Ducati design
[attachmentid=103]
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

I stand corrected, but still prefer the daytona

Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Hippy wrote: I stand corrected, but still prefer the daytona

Jeeez thats fugly :o

Now this is better :bk:

[attachmentid=104]
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

If we're talking ducati's, then it has to be the monster for me, closely followed by the 996. The 996 just looks fast even when on it's stand :)

And how can you say the triumph is fugly!

You're right jase, ducati owners have no taste :P
Last edited by Hippy on Thu May 31, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

McMav wrote: Screwy Rides a Ducati so with age does not come taste. :D
pffft says the guy with the zaffira :P
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

i like the way you chose to aim that at Jase, even though i was the last one to insult your taste. :)

Tis true though, zaffira = bum troubler's car