Yawwnnn

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Well some of you may know ive been searching for an rs125 for a while now. My only want is a tidy(ish) one!

I've been constantly searching ebay/autotrader/local rags and all the good ones are always in places like Kent etc... I've bidded/made contact with a few sellers but I always seem to miss out on the local (less than 150 mile away) ones. Anyway to cut this whinge short im currently in contact with 2 sellers on 2 minters so heres hoping with cross fingers and toes I at least get 1 of them !

I know i'll get one eventually and its a patience game but its really annoying me all this good weather we are having and ive not yet got a bike !

Anyone else find this ? It happened with one of my previous cars, took basically 3 months of searching to get the 'right' one!

Ahhhhhhhhh :fish:
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

It's always the way. spent 3 months searching for my cruiser and about 12 months for my sports bike!!!

Keep the faith and one will come along, just dont compromise on what you want or you will end up swapping it very soon afterwards...... I did :(
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Yeah, what jase said.

You want to buy my pile of crap suzuki?
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

No thanks hippy ;)

I've missed out on one of the above as again loads of people are interested so up goes the price. Still hopeful on the other one though, see what I can do :)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Going to pick one up tonight :)

Had a mad rush to find a trailer and someone willing to lend me a car with a bar but ive succeeded :D all this and I didn't get in from town till 3.30 in the morning :P just need to try and sober up now lol

Just got to hope I make it there before another buyer whose going to look at it sometime this weekend i'm informed !
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Get your ass in gear then ;)
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

So ? did you get sorted or did you miss it ?
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Got it, didn't get home till late on.

Trailer was a twin axle plant hire jobby, made the 306 return 18mpg, so it was £65 of diesel, £20 odd quid of straps from halfords and a 5 and half hour journey. Was worth it though.............. just took her down the back road and it flies :D
Its a full power model with an exhaust port power valve (33bhp), I think this translates into when I was riding she screams high up the revs. I'd say about 5 times faster than that shed of a 125 I did CBT on.

Going out 2moro to source some good 2stroke (castrol TTS ? I've been told by previous owner), and an L plate lol :(

I'll take some pictures when shes cleaned up and more importantly when i've given her a good ride out :)
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

good job bud :)
nice to hear it :)

Class
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Superb, glad you got it and more importantly that it goes like shit off a shovel ;)

Just remember to go careful for a while and not ride it like you stole it ;) Keep it rubber side down :bk:
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Got insured last night, £266 for TPF&T, 2k miles a year, garaged with no security on the bike. (i've pleanty of good ole fashioned in house security mind ;) ). I'm very pleased with this premium as its only just over £20 a month :D and some places wanted upto £900+ !! robbing so and so's.

Its raining at the moment and has been all night, so looks like ill just be doing coursework and staring at the bike through the office window :(

Can I ask a stupid question, what ball park figure do you think the tyre pressures should be ? front 30 rear 32 psi, thats not too daft is it ?
Oh btw its had new engine, sprocket, chain, brake pads, tyres and better fluids all round :)

edit: Just hunting the net for the workshop manual. if anyone finds it let me know please :)
edit2: Eventually found manual on apprillia site
Last edited by andrew on Tue May 29, 2007 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Sounds good!
Have you got all your kit yet? Shame about the weather at the moment.

Silly question, but aren't you supposed to have a max of 15hp power on L-Plates?
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Hippy wrote: Sounds good!
Have you got all your kit yet? Shame about the weather at the moment.

Silly question, but aren't you supposed to have a max of 15hp power on L-Plates?
Not got all my kit yet, going this week when i'm back at college, or the weekend at the latest as im going to meadowhall for you lot who know Sheffield, I use the big bike place in Doncaster btw.
Not sure I know what you mean about the power comment.... im over 21 (driving 3 years+ ,not that it matters) and done CBT which quoted 125cc / 25KW which is 33bhp near as dammit. Insurance seems ok with it and several of my friends have done this route before with no ill effect.
:unsure:

Its still tipping it down outside :( oh well :(

edit: thanks for the reminder, I'll go get some L plates now !
Last edited by andrew on Tue May 29, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

I thought the bike had to be restricted to 15hp/125cc untill you'd passed your test.
Pass your test on the 125 and you can ride anything up to 33hp, pass the test on a 500cc/33hp bike and you can ride unrestricted.

Otherwise, what's the point in taking a test on a 125cc if you can ride a 33hp bike anyway?

I got boots, trousers and an armoured cordura jacket all for around £50 total off ebay :)

I know meadowhell well, went to uni in sheffield.

Wish i had the money to buy all new stuff and a fast 125.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

I daren't add up what i've spent on it all so far...... £1250 for bike, £65 diesel, £22 straps, £266 insurance, £170 helmet, L plates and a tank of juice £18, Chains and padlocks/disc locks/ground anchor/raw bolts £75.

Need boots and a jacket next :( which ive a feeling won't be cheap , well over 2 grand oh well your a long time dead might as well spend it while alive :D