Prototype game

PC & Console gaming
Raz
Advanced Member

Post by Raz »

hey, Im making a game for a uni project :) If you could give the prototype a go and tell me what you think? be brutal, it'll help!

<a href="http://www.evildrbin.com/?p=128" target="_blank">http://www.evildrbin.com/?p=128</a>

ta!
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Was fun but the restarting form the beginning was as annoying as hell.
Raz
Advanced Member

Post by Raz »

ta thane,

yeah i know, im gonna be releasing another proto that has a bit more structure to it :)
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

I got stuck at this point m8e, I couldn't move left
Raz
Advanced Member

Post by Raz »

cheers myo you're the second person to report this, tis an issue with the collision boxes, so easily sorted (i think!) :)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You did it in 111:581<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> :D

Great, really enjoyed it...^_^ Were you being mischievous with some of your background "artistry"? :blink:

Was I supposed to do anything with the little jumps or is that for future development?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Raz
Advanced Member

Post by Raz »

hehe I get around the 49 second mark, ive played it a squillion times though!

mischievious? how so? :o

sorry which little jumps would they be?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Raz wrote:
sorry which little jumps would they be?
You press up to perform big jumps, and down to perform little jumps - where should I have needed the little jumps, or is that intended for later in the game?

PM'd you about the "artistry"... ;)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Raz
Advanced Member

Post by Raz »

the little jumps will come into play more when you go up against enemies (it might potentially lead to a special move too).

It is also really useful if you want to try and get through a level as fast as possible (doesnt speed you up as such, but lets you time your jumps differently)