Wiiiiiiiiiii's

PC & Console gaming
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Dear god, when will John Lewis have more Wii's in stock?

I have £100 in gift vouchers from christmas burning a hole and i want a wiii! :(

bah! /rant
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

They'll get some in about 5 minutes after you finally decide to spend your vouchers on something else.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Yeah, i know. Has been hard work not spending them on a lovely new rug or a lamp.

I want a wii dammit
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

We had a WII in work over Xmas and as fun as it was, I don't know if I would buy one yet. The games were not really that great, but more get the boys/girls round before going out games. But later in the year I am sure that they will bring out better games.

Oh and the Zelda is the same as the GameCube one.
Rasputin

ImageImage
CocoPops
Advanced Member

Post by CocoPops »

Wii's rock! :)

Had mine since launch, and have played that more than the 360.

Not even bothering with a PS3 too damned expensive.
I'm backkkk!!!!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Heard the graphics quality was a little cheesey on them... not true then? :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Yeah, but nintendo has always been like that.

It's capable of a lot more than we've seen of it, just a matter of waiting for better games.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've never had and I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Nintendo tbh. Just something I heard.

However, I remember a thread many moons (Coco ;)) ago where someone mentioned that their graphics focus is kinda more fluffy than gritty - if you know what I mean... if you don't then someone say it for me please. :blush:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Yeah, it's kinda cutesy, the characters tend to have large heads and hands, and the colours are very bright.

But they are only games actually made by nintendo, Perfect dark and goldeneye for example on the N64 was very graphically capable for it's day. Compared to the PS1 it stood up easily.

Same with the wii, wii sports has similar character styles but other games not made by nintendo, such as the new tiger woods game, looks very good.

The cuteness is more of a style of game rather than a limit of the console graphics engine.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Wii sports

What the Wii could be capable of

<a href="http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum ... tnG=Search" target="_blank">Google search on 'Wii graphics'</a>

As you can see, it will be a pretty capable system
CocoPops
Advanced Member

Post by CocoPops »

I certainly don't think the Wii gfx are poor by any stretch.

I've got mine connected by the component cable, so it's not HiDef, but is 580i or whatever it is lol.

I would say that the Wii gfx are comparable to Xbox360 on a normal scart lead etc, but as soon as the 360 runs HiDef, then it is noticably improved.

I own a Wii360, but I very much doubt I will ever own a PS3 unless it tumbles in price.
I'm backkkk!!!!
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

The wii is capable of 1080i HD output, but no games will support it, and most will probably only support 480p

Same as on gamecube, only certain games could run at 60hz.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hmm... with rummaging around I've discovered that the Wii controller is compatible with a PC via the assistance of a Bluetooth adapter and some nifty drivers... I'm still investigating this however - if I can find drivers then I won't need a Wii, just a wii controller.

Man... that consoles name is just wrong... :blush:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

<a href="http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie_download" target="_blank">GlovePIE...</a> drivers/emulator to allow use of the Wii controller with windows...

Further discussion on the matter: <a href="http://www.destructoid.com/wiimote-joys ... 8295.phtml" target="_blank">Linky - big on drivel, small on insight, but worth a look for a moment.</a>
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Finally got my Wii on order!

What games and accessories do i need to get?
I'm going to go with wii play to get the extra controller, an extra nunchuck and possible wario smoothmoves as i've played that and it was fun.

What about other games? i'm not really a zelda sort of fan.

Where is the cheapest place to buy them?