Personality Test

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Thought this was interesting... once you have completed the questions and had your results make sure you read up the comprehensive profile on whatever you are...

I was ENTJ...

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your Type is
ENTJ
Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
1 62 12 11

ENTJ type description by D.Keirsey
ENTJ type description by J. Butt

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* slightly expressed extrovert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ooops forgot the linky:

<a href="http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp" target="_blank">Personality Test</a>
Last edited by Claw on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Your Type is
ENTJ
11 38 12 1

You are:
slightly expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality
Rasputin

ImageImage
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Your Type is
ENTJ
33 12 50 56
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

78 38 28 12

You are:
very expressed extrovert

moderately expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> Your Type is
ENTJ
22 50 25 11

You are:

* slightly expressed extrovert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Very interesting, although I did find the way the questions were asked to be puzzling. It was like "who would answer the question in that manner?"

Wow looking at them more....look at the difference between Eagle and Ras on "Judging"

...and Claw, introverted but quite intuitive. Looks like I'm quite weak all around...and not a thinker...thats a surprise.
Last edited by Clingy on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I'd say you're more balanced than weak Clingy tbh... but this said, these aren't clinical conditions and if we aren't careful we can sometimes answer the questions from the point of view of "this is what I would like to do" rather than what we know we would probably do. (not suggesting anyone has done this, but it can be done without realising)

If anything this was more a curiosity thing rather than something to base a life course on. It could never take into account life experience, and there's no telling how differently you would have answered those questions yesterday or today. Just imagine yourself answering some of those questions on the beach with your family when life is great in comparison to a Monday morning and you have just got into work late after waiting in a traffic jam for half an hour and the boss invites you in for a moral boosting chat.

As you have noticed, Clingy, if there is anything to be learned it's that people are very different characteristically. It's something you picked up on which demonstrates your ability to compensate for peoples personality differences - you're an easy guy to get along with.

Personally I thought I would have been slightly higher than 1 on the extrovert scale... but I suppose it's easy to be "someone else" when "performing" on the forums under a pseudonym.

As to the styling of the questions, I am wondering if they are purposely designed to be challenging to evoke personal feelings. May be this is an example:

A Police Officer asks for your name and address, would you answer: (i) Assertively (ii) Nervously (iii) Like friend

A young lady asks for your name and address, would you answer: (i) Assertively (ii) Nervously (iii) Like friend

Depending on how a person answers both those questions would give you a clue as to how they feel about authority figures, and whether they feel nervous around women, etc.

You'll have noticed that some of the questions in the list we went through were slightly similar to other questions you had already read further up. Now then, looking at the questions I just asked, consider this question:

A Female Police Officer asks for your name and address, would you answer: (i) Assertively (ii) Nervously (iii) Like friend.

Depending on how a person answers that question there is also a possibility of learning how that person may feel about women in positions of authority, would he take them seriously? Just imagine your boss having that sort of information?

Nobody should take this test too seriously, but perhaps only to learn that people are very diverse.

If anyone disagrees le'me know... :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Like all of us I have seen hundreds of these tests, but I did find this one more "interesting/thought provoking" than any of the rest. In my experience peoples perception of themselves are always flawed. We aren't what we think we are! Anyone who has had any kind of management training will know that, often as not, what we consider our strengths are our weaknesses and vica versa. IMHO the ability to ackwledge this concept can be an enlightening experience.

Classic illustration is David Brent ;)
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Clingy wrote: In my experience peoples perception of themselves are always flawed. We aren't what we think we are!

You mean I'm not a championship surfer and ace cook???? :unsure:

I have to say tho that a lot of these internet personality tests are usually the tip of one larger test. The larger test giving you a much better insight into yourself. What you take from them is up to you but in the words of someone famous (might have been Bugs Bunny) "I am what I am".... Doc ;)
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Jase wrote: You mean I'm not a championship surfer and ace cook???? :unsure:

Well .... :unsure: .... you do surf like an ace cook and cook like a championship surfer. Will that do? :whis:
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Hahahaha well thats better than I expected :D :D