Omg!!!!!!!!

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Went out for a blast to the east coast today with a group of fellow Ducati riders , Whilst thumping down a straight stretch of A road spotted two cars approaching with 3 bikes closing in fast , The first car indicates to go right and slows , I just get level with the three bikes coming towards me when the guy on the last bike in the group locks his front wheel and goes down in front of me :wtf: to say I sh@t myself would be an understatement :rolleyes: Thankfully I missed him , and the three riders behind me managed to dodge the ensuing mayhem also but that's as close as I want to come to an accident this year :bk:

The fallen rider was OK , just bruises and a mild concussion , I disposed of my soiled underpants when I reached Whitby on the coast :D
Last edited by Screwy on Sun May 06, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

christ thats scary :(
glad he's ok tho but more so that it was just ur pants that took the battering :)
just another reminder for me that riding is all about observation.

Class :wub:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Oooof :blink:

Where these other bikers coming directly at you then? I'm trying to picture where you and the oncoming bikers would be if this car was turning right... :unsure:

Glad you're okay Screwy.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Claw wrote: Oooof :blink:

Where these other bikers coming directly at you then? I'm trying to picture where you and the oncoming bikers would be if this car was turning right... :unsure:

Glad you're okay Screwy.
They where on the opposite side of the road Claw , I had all ready passed the car slowing to turn right and was riding near the centre of the road as we all ways ride staggered to each other when riding in a group , Something the riders on the other side of the road weren't doing hence the last guy having no where to go when his mate hit the brakes , He hit the floor on my side of the road roughly three to four feet in front then slid across the road behind me , luckily for him he slid between myself and the following rider as we also tend to leave plenty of room to manoeuvre as well as staggering our positions .
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

phew m8ty

glad ur ok
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Sounds like a character building moment for all involved, glad everyone is ok !
Is this on the a171 (whitby road) by any chance ? Its second only to the Helmsley road round here for bike accidents.
You came pretty close to me and f0x Screwy as i'm just spitting distance up the road in Guisborough and f0x minutes later on the coast at Marske (Redcar).
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

was the bike alright?
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Dangerous Bob wrote: was the bike alright?
Did surprisingly well tbh He had crash bars fitted and throw over panniers which protected the side of the bike and probably kept it of his leg , main damage was to the handlebar fairing and his helmet .
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

andrew wrote: Sounds like a character building moment for all involved, glad everyone is ok !
Is this on the a171 (whitby road) by any chance ? Its second only to the Helmsley road round here for bike accidents.
You came pretty close to me and f0x Screwy as i'm just spitting distance up the road in Guisborough and f0x minutes later on the coast at Marske (Redcar).

All ways thought you and F0x lived further North tbh :blink: The accident happened on the A170 heading towards Beadlam , Emergency service response was pretty quick with the police arriving within five minutes and the ambulance not much later . Oh and when your out and about keep your eyes open for a silver Subaru Imprezza , It has two tones and flashing blue lights behind the grill ;)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

hehe theres a few undercovers around on the sunny biker days particularly the Whitby road and the Helmsley one. They love sitting in the corner of the square in Helmsley and waiting for someone to do something silly..... made me laugh when we seen it rip off up the road after a trike who was been a plonker in the square. Weekdays they tend to pull reps over on the A19 :D

When your up here next if you've not already done it you should consider the Stokesley > Helmsley > York back road. Its a major favourite of all the local biker people and is basically a mini nurburgring :P Its the first place i'm going on my bike when I get it and probably come back on a stretcher in a flashing light tranny van ;) o/j
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

That must be the Yorkshire TT run , I've heard of it but never done it in all honesty , Might have to bunk off work one day and give it a go whilst the police are busy elsewhere hopefully :D