Mp3 Player - Help To Buy One

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

For the kids, I have bought cheap MP3 players which dont last 2 minutes and I have bought iPOD minis which kept breaking and having to be replaced. Now one of them has gone again, but it's now out of warranty....so I want to replace but not sure with what. Can't see the point of anything bigger than 4GB to be honest and want to limit price to less than say £75. I would prefer to avoid iPODs and anything Sony. I see Sandisk do them now and they look OK....also Creative and what about teh Zen?

What do you lot recommend with particular emphasis on reliablilty.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

I'd suggest one of these m8e, small and very reliable as they've had a few centuries to perfect the design and they won't be over 4Gb and I'm pretty certain it won't be a Sony or iPOD ;)

:P
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

My Boss bought a Creative Zen for his daughter and has had it for some time now, she changes her phone every 6 months to be with the "in" crowd at school and he says this thing works like a dream!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Give them some bonus pocket money and let them choose one... they'll look after it better.

Alternatively, get them something like <a href="http://www.eglobe1.com/word/wp-content/ ... player.jpg" target="_blank">this...</a> it will always be nicely protected inside their jacket pockets somewhere... 'specially if you have lads. :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Myocardial Infarction wrote: I'd suggest one of these m8e, small and very reliable as they've had a few centuries to perfect the design and they won't be over 4Gb and I'm pretty certain it won't be a Sony or iPOD ;)
:P
Reliable, me a***...when I had one it made an awful noise and the shop wouldn't take it back ;)