Moving to Linux

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

As the title says I am thinking of moving to Lunix on my desktop PC and leaving Ms Windows Xp on the laptop. I will be installing Xendros *I think thats how you spell it* Don't know which version.

What I what to know is: other folks EXP with Linux
and also I will need to know : A good Media player that will run on Linux and a good place to find drivers for linux

Ras
Rasputin

ImageImage
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://linuxtracker.org/" target="_blank">linuxtracker</a> might come in handy.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Cheers Nelly boy

Well today when I woke up, I transfered al the data from the C Crive to the D drive, put in the XandrOS Cd restarted and WoW. I am very impressed. All the drivers installed automaticilly apart from the Sound card but I think that was because I had the USB Headset plugged into it and it installed the drivers for that.

So put it this way. within 15-20 mins from restarting the pc to begin the install, I was back on-line playing Ogame again. There was no real config to go through at all. Just the regional setting for your keyboard and the username stuff and that was it.

The functionality of it seems great, and is so far very easy to use. It even comes with:
Open Office - a free alt to Ms Office
FireFox
Firewall
Anti-Virus
PDF Viewer

So anyway, I am very impressed with XandrOS.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

All you gotta do now is dl and install Americas Army Neo Rasputin. Its available for linux you know.

Nells

Oops, looks like they might have stopped the further development of the game for mac and linux clients. Ah well.
Last edited by Nellyboy on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Lo Neo. :D

<a href="http://linux.softpedia.com/" target="_blank">Linux Goodies</a>
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...