Snowboarding!

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Hahaha, good luck!

Snow in la plagne is awesome at the moment.
Hope it stays good for the next few weeks.

Snowline is rising rapidly. 1600 is pretty warm.
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Had a superb time. Plenty of snow and sun. Had a full Paradski pass and spent 3 days in Les Arc. A fantastic place with lovely groomed wide black and red runs. Going to try and book there next year. Hired some new top carving skis and they were brilliant - made an ordinary skier like me look an expert. Going to skip mine and hire in future.

Still nice to see skiers out number Boarders by about 10 to 1 ;).
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Clingy wrote: Had a superb time. Plenty of snow and sun. Had a full Paradski pass and spent 3 days in Les Arc. A fantastic place with lovely groomed wide black and red runs. Going to try and book there next year. Hired some new top carving skis and they were brilliant - made an ordinary skier like me look an expert. Going to skip mine and hire in future.

Still nice to see skiers out number Boarders by about 10 to 1 ;).

Glad you had a good time and got back in one piece :2t:

Look forward to the stories and I know Jo will be chewing my ear off now to book up for next year!!!
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Just make sure you're a 'Gay on a tray', not a 'Prick with Sticks' :)

Glad you enjoyed it clingon, as a boarder, i found la plagne much better than les arcs as it was much more open and less flat bits!

Still a great place though, did you go to the snow parc?
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

You can bet on it Jase...we'll bore you silly with all the details ;).

Hippy...I can see that La Plagne would appeal to boarders....you can almost go anywhere and the place gets tracked out in no time. Glacier is overrated IMHO but the Champagny side was nice. Still loved the tree lined routes down to Valandry in Les Arc best of all though.

Just 51 more weeks and counting :)
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

That's where we were, vallandry, the grizzly run with the restaurant at the bottom was our last little run.
Avoided La foret like the plague, the flat run across from vallandry to les arcs.

Hopefully less than 51 weeks for me, still hoping to do a season starting in November.

Just need to find some money and rent my house out. . . . and my girlfriends house . . . . and find somewhere for her cats. :)

I nearly lost my board up the glacier, hit a jump and fell off, trudged to the top of the little jump and threw my board down in disgust where it promptly accelerated down the slope, stopped about 500 meters away when a french chap spotted it and dived to stop it going into a ravine!
Very lucky!
Still had a 500 meter walk in 5 foot of snow to go and get it though :D