Telle Sales

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

I used to work for staybright windows as a cold caller.

The people are just doing their job, there's no need to be rude, but winding them up is amusing for both parties, certainly used to entertain me :)

Some people are unbelievable though, a girl i sat next to in the call center had an old woman blow a rape alarm down the phone. Amusing you might think but we were wearing headsets, she couldn't just move the phone away from her ear :(
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Hippy wrote:
Some people are unbelievable though, a girl i sat next to in the call center had an old woman blow a rape alarm down the phone. Amusing you might think but we were wearing headsets, she couldn't just move the phone away from her ear :(
That was because you were sitting next to the girl. It was for her protection.
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Hippy wrote: I used to work for staybright windows as a cold caller.

The people are just doing their job, there's no need to be rude,
I totally agree Hippy. When we used to get these calls I would always politely say "no thank you". However as you probably know, most cold callers are required never to give up or put the phone down. IMHO if they persist after you have said no thanks, then you have every right to be rude.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

I agree.

If the caller is badgering you, just put the phone down.
If you're rude to them they're likely to put a star next to your name in the book which means "call this person every chance you get" :)

If you're polite, they'll cross your name out
mcmav
GSV Regular

Post by mcmav »

I get loads of You have won a free mobile calls. I just tell them they have won a free hangup and then hangup.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

lmao
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

McMav wrote: I get loads of You have won a free mobile calls. I just tell them they have won a free hangup and then hangup.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :2t:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Perywinkle

Post by Perywinkle »

If i'm feeling bored I string them along right up until the payment time :D
Had one poor lass explaining all the ins and outs of a life insurance policy for well over an hour while I played Rome Total War one time :P