Commodore Is Back

General Gaming News
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

PC's boxed and dedicated to gaming... and looking to be about a grand each... is there room for them? I could imagine it if they sorted their prices out.

<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6453339.stm" target="_blank">BBC Linky</a>

<a href="http://www.commodoregaming.com/pcshop/Home.aspx" target="_blank">Commodore Gaming</a>
Last edited by Claw on Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

So its just a normal PC in a different case then yeah?
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

cool looking case though.....
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

All the spec's whiff of PC... but it looks like they are going to market it the same way consoles are marketed.

On saying that, the last ad's for PC's I can remember seeing where Apple's. If memory serves me well those ad's weren't geared for gaming. So, if their intended marketing is to be gaming concentric then this could be a first for PC's.

The PC market has taken an interesting circle... the PC wiped out the Micro (Speccy's, BBC's, Commodore's, Atari's, etc) due to their modularity and versitility. Now we may see a battle between the console and the PC with the PC following the marketing pattern of the Micro's ie, games.

We could be on the verge of a technology and specification battle here, which if this is the case, would mean some big leaps in kit and a resurgence in engineering work.

If you have any nous about PC hardware, now could be the time to start planning your business ventures for the home user because they appear to be the market move as the corporate realms are stagnating - get in there before Commodore, or Commodore-ilk do. B)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Didn't commadore's last venture into the pc market nearly kill them off?
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

If they market it as an upgradeable system, something which we possibly all take for granted, but the Console world doesn't do too much off (presumably they still prefer you to buy the next generation box/station rather than upgrading gfx and mobo etc.), I can see it making a lot of sense.

The downside will be the price difference between console and equivalent PC, unless they bring in the fact that a top spec gaming machine will also quite nicely do the odd letter etc.