Fao Telewest / Ntl Customers

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

I was reading on the net last night about the new retention policy of the new VirginMedia group. In a nutshell they have vastly increased their retention deals should you phone up and want to cancel a service.

At present I've got the TVDrive, Evening and Weekends call package and 4mb broadband. I phoned wanting to cancel my TV package as my 12 months are up and was ofered a basic package free of charge. I then asked about their plans to offer VOIP as I could get vonage for £8 a month. Before I could even suggest I was going to leave I was offered their all inclusive package for £12-50 for 12 months without signing any new contract.

I've also been told to phone and enquire about the level of broadband service and say that you can get 8mb broadband for £25 a month they will give you 10mb for the 4mb price for 12 months as well. Also if you see any offers for new customers that you fancy phone and threaten to leave and they will give you the exact same deal!
mcmav
GSV Regular

Post by mcmav »

Media centre project totally Jased then? :D
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

I pay £25 for 8meg, may have to phone up :)

Cheers
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

McMav wrote: Media centre project totally Jased then? :D

Nope, will bribe the engineer to put the TV box upstairs in the kids room, failing that I'll fudge it myself after he's gone ;)
mcmav
GSV Regular

Post by mcmav »

its only a splitter and some connectors and a bit of cable tbh planning to do the same when my dreambox arrives. will put ntls one in bedroom and split signal going upstairs to cable modem :D
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

McMav wrote: its only a splitter and some connectors and a bit of cable tbh planning to do the same when my dreambox arrives. will put ntls one in bedroom and split signal going upstairs to cable modem :D
What and where are you splitting? (Just in case you know a nifty trick we don't) :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
mcmav
GSV Regular

Post by mcmav »

get this
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NTL-T-WEST-CABLE- ... dZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NTL-T-WEST-CABLE- ... iewItem</a>

Split cable join the plitter to it you now have 2 cables.