Hackers Discover Hd Dvd And Blu-ray "processing Key" -- All

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Those cooky kids over at the Doom9 forums hate themselves some DRM. Not more than two months after discovering a means to extract the HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc "volume keys" to decrypt AACS DRM on individual films, we're now getting word that DRM hacker arnezami has found the "processing key" used to decrypt the DRM on all HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc films. Let's break this down for what it is: instead of needing individual keys for each and every high-definition film -- of which there are many -- the processing key can be used to unlock, decrypt, and backup every HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc film released so far. As arnezami points out, "nothing was actually hacked, cracked or even reverse engineered." All he had to do was keep an eye on his memory, watch what changed, and voila... the processing key appeared. So kick back and watch the trickle of HD titles hitting the torrents quickly turn into a flood (at ~20GB a pop, that's not an exaggeration) when the BackupHDDVD and BackupBluray utilities (or AnyDVD HD) are updated to reflect the new hack find.

[Thanks, Eric L]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:2t:
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Hi Hammer, why do the tracker sites keep the rip at over 20gb though? I cannot justify that kind of download just for a movie.
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Nellyboy wrote: Hi Hammer, why do the tracker sites keep the rip at over 20gb though? I cannot justify that kind of download just for a movie.

About time you upgraded your net connection then :P
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

I have to agree with Hammer I would download a film thats over 2Gb never mind 20Gb
Rasputin

ImageImage