Dark Messiah

PC & Console gaming
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Just downloaded the single player Demo and it looks really good. While I was up the town today I noticed that a local game shop had it in the sale for £14.99 so I was thinking of getting it. What I was wondering is will any of you lot be buying/playing it multiplayer. It seems like the multiplayer will be quest based so that you level up and get better items.

Saying that a 2 Gb download for the demo is a bit big really and the speeds that you get from Steam are not all that good so for the game I would recomend that you buy froma store rather than download from steam.
Rasputin
Last edited by Rasputin on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Well I picked up the Full Game a couple of days ago, not quite the £14.99 but £19.99 from HMV. I have been playing the single player and it is very GOOD :) but the Multiplayer sucks.

The Single Player is the best game I have played so far this year, with year is just starting thats not saying alot but it is a very good game. The Player interaction with objects in the game world works well, grabing barrels and pots then throwing them at orcs is fun, but I normally forget and just go with the arrow to the back of the head. I was quite impressed to see a RPG where headshots work, but watch out for helmets as arrows can be deflected by them. Dark Messiah differs from the normal RPG in a quite ways, the first being that it is quite linear, in a PoP kind of way, also you don't choose your character class you assign skill points to different skills and that gives you your character class. This was strange to begin with but now I am getting used to it, I can see that it works well.

The World around you looks graphicily like the Half-Life 2 The Lost coast, This has to do the HDR lighting that Dark Messiah uses which was first shown in HL2 The Lost coast and the game was made using a advanced source engine , needless to say it is very pretty. But many aspects of Dark Messiah are to close to HF2 which in a way I feel takes away from the over all feel of Dark Messiah. Take the Grav Gun in HL2 well they have put a very simaliar spell in Dark Messiah, which in it's is not a bad thing but once again you can't use it on Enemies, Now I understand that they are just using the very good physics of the source engine but please.

The multiplayer is just very poor really all it is is Half-Life 2 DeathMatch with swords and magic. Now I started playing RPG a good while ago and then Mutliplayer was very good. Not death match but the single player game with a band of players that could trade items and work together to complete the game. I understand the need to have a PvP zone nowadays but come now can the developers not put in the single player game with a squad. :(

Over all I would say that Dark Messiah should get a 8/10
Reasons:
Cons
Too Simliar to HL2
Uses to many system resources.
Multiplayer is no good
PROS
Plays well
Good story line
Very Pretty

Yes this is not the non-linear ESIV Obilivon, but it is a different style of RPG where the even FPS gamers can enjoy. I would recommend this game to people as it is a good example of a RPG.

Ras Out :gsv:
Last edited by Rasputin on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

I'm tempted to get Final Fantasy game for the Playstation so I can play it again on my PS2, thats my sort of game!!!!
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Jase wrote: I'm tempted to get Final Fantasy game for the Playstation so I can play it again on my PS2, thats my sort of game!!!!
FFVII is the best and if you download the EPSXE Emu you can play it on the PC

<a href="http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/epsxe.html" target="_blank">Linky</a>

You may need the bios for it but it works very well and it's free.
Also FFVII is now a safe download because of the length of time it's been about. :2t:
Rasputin

ImageImage
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Well Thats Dark Messiah Finished now, Not to bad 19-22 Playing hours to just to complete the game but I left alot not done and did not really explore the World. I would say that it does have some play again time in it maybe twice more but saying that not for a few months and then you would need to change the way you did things as you do have choices to make which change the advancement in the game. All in all a good game I would not have been so happy if I had to pay £39.99, but for the £20.00 that I did pay it was a good and interesting game.
Rasputin

ImageImage