Just 5 Years????

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Rolf Harris plotted and manipulated TV campaigns to cover and create opportunities for himself to hurt children. He schemed in league with Jimmy Saville. The judge said that he has shown no remorse whatsoever. This creep was a predator in the most grotesque sense of the word, and he was only given 5 years? It was noted that his career is now in tatters, but what does an 80 year old guy need with a career? This is crazy!
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

They are looking at it to see if maybe it is a bit lenient.... but the flip side is, the guy's 84, he's apparently not in the best of health either, so 5 years in a prison environment (and it's going to be a nice secure one no doubt) is not going to do him any favours. I think he'll be in there for the rest of his natural - the sentence will probably get extended, like Stuart Hall's did and that will certainly do for him.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

It would have been more fitting, especially so for the victims, if he was told that he would never be released. Basically stating that he would live out the rest of his life as a prisoner. There should be a prison specifically for people with their inhumane deviance.

I would never advocate a death sentence, because of the potential for irreversible mistakes. But imprisonment with a regimented way of life without any luxuries. They denied their victims of a normal life, reconditioned their view of themselves and their outlook, so these deviants should experience the same.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I miss something, didn't think Saville and Harris were in league with each other.

From what I gathered, Harris was a small time abuser compered to Saville..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote: I miss something, didn't think Saville and Harris were in league with each other.

From what I gathered, Harris was a small time abuser compered to Saville..
I caught mention of it on a BBC news report, and but here's the <a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... avile.html" target="_blank">Telegraph's</a> angle. It's a very depressing, distasteful and creepy read. They were evidently more than performers incidentally crossing paths.