Litecoin Mining?

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Trig, how about a PCIe riser? space the boards out to get them cooler?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Aye, riser prices have gone up loads lately tho..

We have an office in HK, might be worth selling all the coins to bulk buy some risers then sell them to make the profit lol
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Make you own riser. Got a scrap mobo, a shadow card and a couple of old IDE cables?
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

So I've been mining a bit into my own account as well as throwing a bit of time occasionally into Trigs still...

Whats the cheapest way to sell your Litecoins then?

BTCe are charging 7% to payout through paypal. There are some cheaper options but how reliable are they?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've not gone that extra step at the mo, I'm litterally mining whatever multipool has us on, transfering that to cryptsy so convert it to LTC or BTC then transfering that into BTC-e still.
Cashed out the other day with LTC@26 and BTC@878 or there abouts', got $250 sat in the kitty as well as what still being mined stuck into Cryptsy still, that $250 will then be put either all in LTC or BTC, or probably the most likely is to stick 50/50 over both coins, I'm expecting LTC will spike like BTC did though once the ASIC's hit which is whats putting me off going 50/50, if we go all in and buy LTC and no BTC then if the LTC prices jump that'd work out quite nicely..

At the minute its not really huge money, I'm pretty much mining both of my 270x's 24/7 which gives me 900Khs apart from a few hours if/when I'm gaming in which case I half that for a few hours, Compo is running a 280x which gives him ~900Khs as well but only a few hours a day, plus whatever Bob's putting in, if LTC does spike that could turn into some half serious money so we probably should look at working out how we split it when we become millionaires lol
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

This time next year Rodney, We'll be Millionaires....

The 6970 is giving me a good 470khs, and if I can ever figure out why the 5850 doesn't like PCIe 1.0 mobos (I've tried two so far) I'll be up to 750 ish.

Only been going a week or so though. As I said, most of my effort is going into my account, though I've done a few hours overnights to top up yours. Does mutlipool log the amounts that the subaccounts do?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Not that I can see no, it just tells you the rate full stop over all workers...
Checked on a calc the other day, just me and compo, both running 24/7 would net us just over 14LTC a month, thats $344 a month..
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I have now switched to just mining DOGE
Bob, Compo, change your pool info..

stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:3352 stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3352

Was getting the odd day where it'd be mining a random coin which then I'd have issues getting rid of due to minimum trade quantities etc. so did a quick calc @1800 hash and DOGE comes out tops by a smidge..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Was going to post something about that.
Annoying to be mining Dogs and then switch to something else for a few mins. End up with lots of small bits of stuff no use to noone.....

Doge are consistently top.
Have you noted what the block time increases to when the pool isn't on doge?
Might have the wrong end of the stick here, but if the pool isn't doing doge, the chances of us mining anything goes down?
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

We mine whatever coin works out the most profitable, but since yesterday we mine DOGE and nothing else, that then goes to Cryptsy and then changed to DOGE, then into BTC-E..

As it stands I'm thinking we stick the $250 we have into LTC, even though BTC is <$800 now if we bought in at $795 and then sold when it hits $858 we make about $15, if we do the same with LTC, buy at the $23.x that it is now if we sell again when it hits the same $26.06 that we sold at last time that makes us $26...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Chucked all $250 into LTC at $23.35, also transfered in from Cryptsy we had sat in there after transfering all the bits and bobs of alt's.

Current stash is 12.12198633 LTC...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Managed to get rid of all of the alts we have by trading bits and bobs into btc then upping the amount of alts we have then converting it all to LTC, right **** about lol..
Just got another 1.5LTC to stick into BTC-E so what price changed and a bit more LTC we're broken the $300 mark now..

Transfers gone through now.
13.61629823 LTC
Last edited by Trig on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

DOGE price has risen nicely the last couple of days...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Indeed it has, sat at 211 at the mo, peaked at over 250 yesterday...

What I've decided to do at home is keep one machine mining DOGE then on the other machine do a week on WDC, week on MOON and so on, a few people seem to be predicting that WDC will rise in Feb when some new market or something opens, cant hurt to mine it for a week and see what it does...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

When I get both cards up again, is there a way I can mine differnet pools on each?