So Much Want!

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I'm not an Apple fan but has anyone seen the new Mac Pro?!

Granted I'd have to boot camp it to get a decent usable OS on it, and theres no mention of cost (I get the feeling that the 4K video ability wont be the only 4K that this thing brings) but its a nice design and a bit on the pokey side...

<a href="http://www.apple.com/uk/mac-pro/" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/uk/mac-pro/</a>
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

They do make some nice gear apple, granted, but they charge some brass :P Having said all that wanna buy me one for xmas please uncle Trig ? :)
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

The old Mac Pro was in dire need of an upgrade (3 year old tech!!) and the upcoming replacement certainly seems to be well specced if desired, with 12 xeon cores and dual AMD FirePro Graphics cards with up to 6GB of GDDR VRAM - EACH!! However I can't help feeling that I have seen the case design somewhere before:

Last edited by Compo on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

:lol: that bins a bit bigger and I can only see one peripheral port...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

That does look good.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Aye, from a tech/geek POV I really like it, its just the OS that lets it down IMHO, no doubt Mac guys would cream a pack of crackers to get hold of one...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've never really forgiven Apple for dropping RISC for Intel CISC. But as has been said, they make awesome gear. I suppose they should be granted credit for the way they have greatly improved on the way they use and integrate Intel and other Intel dependant hardware.

With this kinda hardware virtualising an alternative OS might not be chasmic issue.

Its design is a little odd for a desktop item, but you would on seeing it immediately recognise it. Hmm... doesn't appear to have an Apple logo, so I wonder if it may be confused for, as well as Compo's pedal bin, one of those tall ashtrays... :D

Last edited by Claw on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Some sort of random Dyson desktop air conditioning thing perhaps?