Galaxy

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Have you seen that TV advert by Galaxy featuring an Audrey Hepburn lookalike jumping off a bus, nicking the driver's hat, and then jumping into the back of a car?

The advert is portraying a scene from film, "Roman Holiday", which starred Audrey Hepburn. The reason I'm mentioning this in the Tech Forum is because all of the facial features of the Audrey Hepburn you see there is CGI.

When I first saw the advert all I thought of it was another choccy ad with a lookalike giving an okay'ish rendition of Audrey Hepburn. Normally I can spot CGI no problem, as I'm sure you all can. But, I definitely didn't spot this. I'm quite impressed with the ad now.

<a href="http://www.framestore.com/work/galaxy-chauffeur" target="_blank">There's more info here.</a>
Last edited by Claw on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

CGI has moved a long way in the last decade and the majority of films/adverts use some form of 3d rendering. The more recent material is certainly worlds apart from the Jar-Jar Binks incident in Star Wars Episode 1!!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Compo wrote: CGI has moved a long way in the last decade and the majority of films/adverts use some form of 3d rendering. The more recent material is certainly worlds apart from the Jar-Jar Binks incident in Star Wars Episode 1!!
Er... are you honestly suggesting that Jar-Jar Binks was CGI? Haven't you seen any of the last three prequels of Star Wars?? :blink:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

To be fair, CGI was a bit of an overstatement for that character!! The revenge of the sith was one of the more visually impressive films made but you can still spot the computerisation (easily).As technology progresses, it will become much harder to spot. I wonder how many films in the future may have long deceased actors in a starring role?
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Last edited by Slatz on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

:eek:

Wow... I'm dumbstruck, dumbfounded, and speechless. Incredible find Slatz. :2t:

I only watched so much of the clip because I didn't want to see a program that I recognized and liked. Some lies are nice. :)