Malware

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Who needs Malwarebytes when you have this very effective option... listen and learn from the <a href="http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... acts-virus" target="_blank">Economic Development Agency</a> in the USA.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

my first impressions were lunatics that hunted witches in the middle ages shouldn't be allowed near computer equipment at all ever.

But with a lot of gaming mice and keyboards now having on-board memory
it did make me wonder if it would be possible to infect these devices with nasties? Unlikely but is it impossible?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Until I read your post I thought what they had done was an overkilled overkill. But, now that you've made me rethink this I suppose with the quality of espionage gear there is out there now, the only way to be truly sure you're totally clean, is the ultimate clean - destruction. Especially so for a Government agency. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Yep but this is still a standard issue massive waste of cash ? Sleep safe folks !
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

andrew wrote: Yep but this is still a standard issue massive waste of cash ? Sleep safe folks !
on this occasion, yes it probably is, but maybe not definitely.

is it possible to make a miniature pass through device. fitted inside a keyboard and mouse in log everything
before the os even gets the data? if so how long would it take a skilled "office cleaner" to fit the devices?
could the data be harvested remotely or would it need to be removed to be read?
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

If its that important why go to all that trouble ? just arrest them under xyz terrAr laws like they do now. Oh my god half a dozen students have turned out to protest against fat cat capitalists..... quick to the terrar laws !
I'm sure you see my point. It is all a little too far fetched for me.
I can believe 'enemy of the state' with the recent high profile press candidates not been able to get a flight/residency in a "nice" place but scrapping what will have been good gear seems daft in this instance.