My New Wheels

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

that looks like hard work pal, must have a very good seat on ya bike to cover that mileage. Certainly an achievement to be proud off and i wish you luck with it.

I think i will stick to canal path, 20 miles on a Sunday afternoon is plenty far enough for me :D
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Nice bike, and it was a good idea to get something with decent mud-guards. That's one of my pet peeves about many new bikes these days.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Claw wrote: Nice bike, and it was a good idea to get something with decent mud-guards. That's one of my pet peeves about many new bikes these days.
I can manage a wet stripe for a couple of hours but when your spending 12 odd hours on the bike or as on next weekends ride (300km) closer to 16 hours then it gets uncomfortable especially a wet arse <_< so full mudguards are a must in my opinion . My other bike doesn't have guards or anywhere to fit them and weighs next to nothing but is great for pretending I'm 30 years younger and 100% fitter :D

Paul
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Well did my first <a href="http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1256526" target="_blank">300k</a> a couple of weeks a go ,18 hours duration 14 hours 42 minutes in the saddle though I actually did 30 minutes at the start and five extra miles after my satnav locked up and then crashed and I went of course , this was promptly followed by my light going on the blink on an unlit country lane (The ride started at 11:00 pm ) which meant I gave serious thought to abandoning and heading back to the car :blush: but a bit of a fiddle with the wiring sorted it and I decided to press on and was glad I did as I had an enjoyable day out :)

My bike in Audax mode just after the sun came up on the plains 300 ride.

Paul[attachmentid=364]

Paul
Last edited by Screwy on Sat May 11, 2013 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Oh and for anyone interested here's the rest of my stable :D
My Graham Weigh 653 though it has new wheels with tubular tires and a new stem now.

[attachmentid=365]

and my latest purchase a 1997 Marin Mount Vision cross country mountain bike

[attachmentid=367]
Last edited by Screwy on Sun May 12, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

First pic.......

Do you wee in the front bottle?
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Dangerous Bob wrote: First pic.......

Do you wee in the front bottle?
Hehe it's an electrolyte drink to replace salts etc lost during sweating like a pig , especially on the hills but it does look alarmingly like pee tbh :D plus If I drink to much of it I get bloated hence the other bottle has straight tap water .

Paul
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Well thats the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch 400km Audax done

[attachmentid=370]

253 miles in 24 hours 40 minutes . The weather was great for a change with blue sky's and sunshine all day and a pleasant change from this winters wind,snow and rain. Next ride is the 3 coast's 600 taking in Bridlington,Blackpool and<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollingworth_Lake" target="_blank"> Hollingworth lake</a> .

Paul
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Not bad going for an old man ;)
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Trig wrote: Not bad going for an old man ;)
B@stid :P
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Aye top job Screwy lad, watching isle of man on tv has me wondering if anyone has tried to ride pedal power, does this happen ? or is it far too short of a run for your type ? time trialist job etc.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Since<a href="http://www.isleofmancc.com/isle_of_man_ ... story.html" target="_blank"> 1936</a> Andrew though they no longer run the Manx International cycle week but they look to be running something called the Manx Cycle Challenge sportive this year according to Google but it's on open roads and uses the TT course in reverse.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The course record on a bicycle has stood unbroken since 1993 when Chris Boardman passed 60mph on the descent to Creg-Ny-Baa to finish his lap in 1hr 23min 54sec during the Manx International Cycling Week.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
37.7 miles in 1hr 23min 54sec is something like 30+ mph average speed :o

Paul
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Wow, I thought my post might have been a bit of a daft comment tbh, seems not so.

So whens Bridlington blackpool coming up ? Thats some blooming journey even in a car!
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

The 3 Coasts is Saturday the 8th June , I only live 10 miles from the start so I'll set of at 5:00am to get their before 6:00. The first stage (red) is 381km and I really need to keep the pace up as there is only 40 hours in total for this ride and if I want to get any sleep before stage 2(blue) 227km I have to get round quicker than the 24 hrs it took me to do the LlanfairPG 400 :blink:
[attachmentid=371] [attachmentid=372]

Paul
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

<a href="http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1407623?pr ... FxOYI6Ey4e" target="_blank">3 Coasts 600 Audax</a> all done and dusted , took 3 days before I could walk up and down the stairs properly :blink: as I was rapidly losing time on the last leg which was a tad on the hilly side so I had to press on to keep within the time limits and reached the end with 30 minutes or so to spare and was panicking in case I got a puncture in the last few kilometers . Hard work but enjoyable so I've signed up for "To Holl and back 600"at the end of the month :D

[attachmentid=373]

Even get to go across the Humber bridge though we are crossing the Humber bridge on London-Edinburgh-London .

Paul