My New Wheels

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Not quite as potent as Dangly Bobs Bandit but I'm managing to put plenty of miles on it now the little one is sleeping through and not getting me up at 5:00am every morning <_< Hoping to sign up for <a href="http://www.londonedinburghlondon.com/" target="_blank">London-Edinburgh-London</a> next week so will really need to up the milage over the next 6 months if I'm going to manage 1400km in 4 days 16 hours :eek:
[attachmentid=357]

Paul
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Hey Screwy long time mate. Fine looking wheels you have there Paul. I use my bicycle in the warmer weeks for work.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Nice, time to change your avatar then chap? Lol
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Trig wrote: Nice, time to change your avatar then chap? Lol

hehe sorted :P
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Haha, nice..
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Nellyboy wrote: Hey Screwy long time mate. Fine looking wheels you have there Paul. I use my bicycle in the warmer weeks for work.
lo Nelly :) decided to get back into cycling to keep fit after my bypass and started doing a few <a href="http://audaxing.wordpress.com/about/" target="_blank">Audax</a> rides earlier this year unfortunately what with the house work :rolleyes: and the little man I don't get to ride as much as I would like so I ride when I can even at this time of year which either means wet,cold or wet and cold :huh:

Paul
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I hear you man, the state of my hands from years of relentless washing up. I need a voucher for the nail bar :lol:
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

watch it on those slippery bits with those skinny tyres.

Got the bandit a bit squirrely in the wet the other day....
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

That bike appears to be missing an engine :huh:

I do see pleanty of folk about on push bikes, even in the bad weather riding to work must be a real struggle on a dark morning and then home when its dark, so fair play to those who do!

We're going to need some kind of chris hoy smiley now for the forum ??
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Dangerous Bob wrote: watch it on those slippery bits with those skinny tyres.

Got the bandit a bit squirrely in the wet the other day....
Lol somehow I don't think my power to weight ration (slightly podgy old man) is anything like a 1200 Bandits :bk:

andrew wrote:
We're going to need some kind of chris hoy smiley now for the forum ??
More like a old fart on a bike smiley tbh , I'm struggling to manage a 12mph average speed so not quite Chris Hoy standard :huh:
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

quite like this one.....

Sort of desperate quality to him....

Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Well signed up for London-Edinburgh-London so let the training begin :nunchaku:
Started of with the <a href="http://connect.garmin.com/activity/266957761" target="_blank">Mere 200, Cheadle-Ellesmere-Cheadle</a> 200km/129 miles the other Sunday,fortunately most of Fridays snow had gone only to be replaced with some fairly long stretches of flooding on country lanes (up to two feet of water in places) which did tend to slow you down a touch :D overall an enjoyable days ride ,though I do need to upgrade my front lights as I struggled on the unlit country lanes but was happy to average 20kph (Audax has a minimum of 15kph and a maximum of 30kph to so as to discourage racing) for the first ride of the year .

Paul
Last edited by Screwy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

2nd ride of the year done :) The <a href="http://connect.garmin.com/activity/274169909" target="_blank">NorthWest passage Rochdale-Kirby Lonsdale-Rochdale</a> the weather was pretty good for the middle of February and considering this was quite a hilly route with 2,121 meters/6958 feet of climbing I was happy to get round in under 10 hours :)

Paul
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

That was a long ride, nearly 130 miles :eek: I know people who will complain about driving that far let alone cycling it. <_<
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Vomit wrote: That was a long ride, nearly 130 miles :eek: I know people who will complain about driving that far let alone cycling it. <_<
Hehe I'm doing a <a href="http://www.aukweb.net/results/randonneur/" target="_blank">Super Randonneur</a> series this year so I also need to do a 300k along with a 400k and 600k plus if I manage London-Edinburgh-London I can bump that up to a Randonneur 2500 so 1550 miles before the end of of August :D

Paul