Wheel Stand

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Has anyone seen www.steeringwheelstand.co.uk , the RS1 ? seems cheap enough for compatibility with a xbox360 wheel. Only thinking about this as playseats are too much money for when you rarely use the wheel.
Thoughts ?
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Nice simple design. 2 things that bother me a little are.

1) is the material going to take the abuse you may give it?
2) the stand seems a bit narrow, the length looks ok but im sure i would have no problem getting that thing rocking like a good un without too much trouble, depends on your ff settings and the how powerful the motor is.

Price is steep, perhaps you could get some materials yourself and make something similar.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

andrew wrote: Has anyone seen www.steeringwheelstand.co.uk , the RS1 ? seems cheap enough for compatibility with a xbox360 wheel. Only thinking about this as playseats are too much money for when you rarely use the wheel.
Thoughts ?
Looks like a good idea, but I couldn't see a price. Also, and as is shown in one of their own images, if you have three pedals then that front strut is going to obstruct the middle pedal. But, if you don't have three pedals, and you think it will be steady enough, and not slide around, and play a lot of driving games then it should be great. :th:

Just found the price... £84!!
Last edited by Claw on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dunno what you think, but imho <a href="http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/13062406 ... adtype=pla" target="_blank">this looks more the part</a>.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Claw wrote: Dunno what you think, but imho <a href="http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/13062406 ... adtype=pla" target="_blank">this looks more the part</a>.
yup it does :mm2:

I looked at the listings bellow the stand, Logitech driving force GT wheel over £100, i bought mine from argos last year for less than £80 (works fully on pc, although not advertised)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Vomit wrote: i would have no problem getting that thing rocking like a good un without too much trouble,

Indeed it is that which is concerning us. I did have a homebrew wooden one, but tbh it was an eyesore so we want one that folds away as it won't get used much.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Not purchased yet, i'm told this maybe my birthday pressie (early december), gonna try and get it sooner though :)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Well I didn't want to wait and so purchased it, arriving first thing this morning.
The website was some chew as it didnt work in chrome or explorer when trying to checkout.

Anyway all seems 'ok' for the cash involved, with a lot more adjustment than I thought would be possible.
Only downside so far is xbox wheel base seems slippy on the smooth surface (lock to lock with force feedback pushing). Temporary fix with some rubber sticky pads, Nicholas suggesting velcro.....

[attachmentid=353]

[attachmentid=354]
[attachmentid=355]