Acronis True Image

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

You've not said how much data is on this RAID configuration, but you may be looking at a need for data recovery, if anything remains possible...

<a href="http://www.data-recovery-software.net/" target="_blank">R-Studio</a> has a lot of options for recovery, and can cater for RAID configurations under certain circumstances.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Purely back up claw.
Everything else is working fine, pleased with the pc, just want to get a decent and trustworthy back up. Already have a couple hundred gig instaled, thats a shed load of work to re do that lot in the event of a drive packing up on me.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

That's a relief! I thought we were looking at something particularly gruesome. :th:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

The gruesome bit is somthing im trying very hard to avaid.
Used to do a back up every 3 months or so, definately before any major system changes.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Done it :2t: :D

Used acronis 2011 home, used the bart pe method to add my drivers (did that one yesterday)

Tonight i disabled my ssd cache set up and booted into the pe disc and ran acronis, its currently
creating a back up :th:

all the builds of acronis rescue media i have tried in the last few days without exception have had
usb issues, no mouse or keyboard after the initial start screen and had to plug in another one when
i got to the business end of it.

Thanks for your help, especially the falcon 4 disc, that will come in very handy some day.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Kudos to you Mr. Vomit, sir. You saw beyond the mists of MS. It's going to be handy having a techie like you on the forums here. :th:

Regarding the F4 Disc, you're welcome. :)

:gsv:
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Thanks for the compliment, I will help out anyone if i can m8.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Well it works fine :D unfortunately I have had to put it to the ultimate test by restoring an Image due to unfixable bsod on boot even in safe mode :(.

took an hour to restore 250 gig of data, a lot faster than the cd shuffle and endless reboots.

I know for certain my back ups are good now :D