Arma 2 Mod Dayz

PC & Console gaming
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Nellyboy wrote: Gahh, we got ambushed last night near the high value airfield in the north west of Chernarus. I heard the high caliber round

Mega went down whilst reading the map and died instantly.

Larry was to follow with the second shot.

Terry got hit bad but is still alive.

Blade heard the shots but was a few yards off to the north.

I heard the shots coming from the left rear so skirted left and into the treeline. I saw the sniper aiming from behind a tree and knelt down, aimed and shot 6 rounds in him from 15 feet.

I instantly took fire or got attached by zombies I could not tell. I got dropped instantly with broken bones and shaking like hell. I rolled under a bush and bandaged / morphined myself. Lost a lot of blood so ate and drank. Sat there for 2 mins waiting for movement. None came so we left the game there for another night.

Crikey it was so intense I was shaking in me chair. Took an hour to get to sleep.
Oh lol now this sounds interesting. Don't know if I could cope lol. So what happens when u die then?
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://dayzdb.com/map#2.070.080" target="_blank">This</a> is the game area you play on. It's 225 square kilometers in size. Roll your mouse wheel to zoom.

When you die you can only respawn on the south coast in a random location with no weapons. It can take an hour or so to travel up north avoiding zombies and players that shoot first.
Last edited by Nellyboy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Oh ic. Reminds me of battlefield 1942 when I played that for a week. Gave up missing the planes or tanks or jeeps and walking to the enemy. 15mins later and cramp in my middle finger I get to the enemy and die instantly :D I was brought up in a world of Quake 1 so I'm used to the manic respawn-shoot-die life cycle not the spawn-walk-fill time-shoot-die :D
Will have a look at that map when I'm on a pc :)

Class--
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Terrence29 wrote:
Dont let the Alt-f4 thing turn you off Claw, I have only had that happen a couple times to me and even then it didnt bother me. It is still in the alpha stage and the devs said they were going to fix that issue.
Its truly the ultimate survival game with so many different angles to play, I have to say its the most fun I have had playing a game in a long time :2t: Join the DAYZ train Claw :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Watching just the online vids gave me a few shocker moments... those Zombies really move and can come from nowhere... made me think of 28 Days... :ph34r: I was nearly begging the guy in the vid to stop looking over his shoulder and just run while one was chasing him. Can they run quicker than you? :unsure:

What is the goal, the aim of the game?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Claw wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watching just the online vids gave me a few shocker moments... those Zombies really move and can come from nowhere... made me think of 28 Days... :ph34r: I was nearly begging the guy in the vid to stop looking over his shoulder and just run while one was chasing him. Can they run quicker than you? :unsure:

What is the goal, the aim of the game?
The goal is to survive :) But there is something to be said for the shiver you get up your back when you are sprinting through town with 5 or 6 zombies snarling in your ear as they chase you, or walking through the woods with night falling, lightning flashing and the wind blowing, and you need food and the only place that has it is the lonely looking farmhouse in the clearing with a few zombies lurching around it :D
Hard to explain how this game can grab you, do you show yourself when you see another player? is it worth the risk, or reward? last night was looting my way through a town in the dark when I heard another player asking for help, its risky but I went ahead and gave them a blood transfusion, they thanked me and layed a beautiful m24 sniper rifle at my feet before they left :2t: yeah I love this game........
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Imagine what you might have gotten from him if you had killed him and looted his body lol
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote: Imagine what you might have gotten from him if you had killed him and looted his body lol
:rolleyes:

Who else could have suggested such a thing... :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Whats the cl_bob like on this? I downloaded Arma 2 demo and last 2 mins before I wanted to puke cos of the bob. Always been bad with the cl_bob thats why I was gutted when Cs:Source termed it as a cheat when switching it off :(

So am i understanding this game correctly? Basically you (and if you want some friends) are in a large area basically trying to survive. Be it from zombies, hunger or any other player on the same server as you?
It reminds me of Deer Hunter that we all used to play in the way of creeping along and stalking your prey. I like the idea of that and would love some sort of sniper game where your up against another sniper. A bit like the film Jude Law in it as a Russian sniper, cant think of the name of that film and its one of my favs :( Anyway I digress :)
Right off to have some fun then bed

Class--
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Yes Class just survival. Zombies or survivors, either way you get dead real quick.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Where are you guys with this now, hopefully back on the grid tonight...
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Trig wrote: Where are you guys with this now, hopefully back on the grid tonight...
Me, MrT , Blade and Larry are all around Berezino. or me at Sary Sobor :whis:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

No idea where I am, will find out shortly.
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Last edited by Mega on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Not read the links as at work, cost?
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Trig wrote: Not read the links as at work, cost?
Not stated yet but will be selling it a Alpha Stage at a reduced price for those that want to test it (same as plying the mod at the moment as its in Alpha too) :D
Last edited by Mega on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.