Arma 2 Mod Dayz

PC & Console gaming
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

A video of some dudes playing it, its funny. Might look into it as I have arma2 but not the upgrade.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJD ... ure=g-vrec" target="_blank">Vid.</a>
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Been playing this mod with mega and Blade for a week. Absolutely riveting and a bit of a learning curve.

Look at the footage <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkUMr_0Q ... re=g-all-u" target="_blank">here</a> for a taste of the action.
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Nellyboy wrote: Been playing this mod with mega and Blade for a week. Absolutely riveting and a bit of a learning curve.

Look at the footage <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkUMr_0Q ... re=g-all-u" target="_blank">here</a> for a taste of the action.

Yeh loving this mod at the moment. Hard but very good makes a good challenge, Zeds are pretty easy to kill - lose but live players is where the danger is.
:2t: :2t: :2t: :2t:
Remember when you DIE you are DEAD you start again. :th:
Last edited by Mega on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1XyOg2Y ... re=g-all-u" target="_blank">Vid</a> of the new patch. Zeds are much more aggressive and can hear better. This guy is a pro at losing them.
Last edited by Nellyboy on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

That looks a right giggle from the top video alone...

Not got arma tho, that americas army or something?
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Finally sniped my first bandit, was such a rush, waited 10 minutes, snuck up on his body and got whacked by his spotter :( bye bye czech pack with 3 blood bags, m24 sniper rifle, and other assorted goodies, love this game :2t:
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Thats tough Terrence. Should have waited or just moved on. Learn from your mistake youngling.

I was playing with zeds last night trying to get used to dragging them behind me then losing them in buildings etc. Had a lot of success. Once you lose the fear of the zombies the game changes a lot.

Was at the apartment blocks next to the hospital at cherno and saw 2 players, they started shooting and I nearly dies. God I had matches too the ******s. I left the game to protect my loot.
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Me and a few friends teamed up :2t:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Was watching a vid and it looked really interesting and intense. Then the guy in the vid started ranting about ALT-F4 n00bs, etc... I may have had a bash at this, but a cop-out like that just turns it into really flakey game-play.

Is this based on the BF3 'engine'?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Claw wrote: Was watching a vid and it looked really interesting and intense. Then the guy in the vid started ranting about ALT-F4 n00bs, etc... I may have had a bash at this, but a cop-out like that just turns it into really flakey game-play.

No Arma 2 engine
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Claw wrote: Was watching a vid and it looked really interesting and intense. Then the guy in the vid started ranting about ALT-F4 n00bs, etc... I may have had a bash at this, but a cop-out like that just turns it into really flakey game-play.

Dont let the Alt-f4 thing turn you off Claw, I have only had that happen a couple times to me and even then it didnt bother me. It is still in the alpha stage and the devs said they were going to fix that issue.
Its truly the ultimate survival game with so many different angles to play, I have to say its the most fun I have had playing a game in a long time :2t: Join the DAYZ train Claw :P
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

A few servers we have used in the past state they will ban people that altf4 out when u dear fire so at least people know its an Issue that's being looked at on both ends..
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Gahh, we got ambushed last night near the high value airfield in the north west of Chernarus. I heard the high caliber round

Mega went down whilst reading the map and died instantly.

Larry was to follow with the second shot.

Terry got hit bad but is still alive.

Blade heard the shots but was a few yards off to the north.

I heard the shots coming from the left rear so skirted left and into the treeline. I saw the sniper aiming from behind a tree and knelt down, aimed and shot 6 rounds in him from 15 feet.

I instantly took fire or got attached by zombies I could not tell. I got dropped instantly with broken bones and shaking like hell. I rolled under a bush and bandaged / morphined myself. Lost a lot of blood so ate and drank. Sat there for 2 mins waiting for movement. None came so we left the game there for another night.

Crikey it was so intense I was shaking in me chair. Took an hour to get to sleep.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Nellyboy wrote:
Crikey it was so intense I was shaking in me chair. Took an hour to get to sleep.
LOL reminds me of the Alien v Predator games. I could never play them because of the bloody Aliens jumping out at you, way to scary for me.
velvet
Advanced Member

Post by velvet »

:D
Hammer wrote: LOL reminds me of the Alien v Predator games. I could never play them because of the bloody Aliens jumping out at you, way to scary for me.
Doom had that effect on me , kept making me scream :blush: had to stop playing all the family where
wetting them selves laughing at me :eek: