Firefox Updates

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

A helpful little page to <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/" target="_blank">check your Firefox updates. </a>
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Ah, Firefox, that browser that is a bit like Chrome, just not as good.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Ah so you use the firefox wannabe thats more like safari then ?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Woah woah woah... how did this thread suddenly become all Sufferi and Chronie?

We're talking Firefox here... The Warhorse that Sianagied Muckrosoft... what other browser can make that boast, eh? :unsure: :P
Last edited by Claw on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Actually I use Opera and was being ironic. No that is not how you get the creases out of newly laundered shirts.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Gave up with the last version of firefox in favour of chrome, seems a lot more stable, still get a few nackups though. Probably my lack of drivers and other guff that everything now requires.....
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Opera is the best web browser for mobile devices, but just as quick as FF on a PC. If I had to choose an alternate browser to FF it would be Opera.

The ethical profile of the development of FF is really appealing too. Other browsers have interesting add-on's. I like FF because of its feel and responsiveness. I dunno, maybe Opera would grow on me in time.

I wonder how these browsers compare architecturally. I know a couple of people who still love IE... there's none as strange as folk... :)

Chrome is a great innovation, but it needs to prove itself as seasoned browser. How secure is it, is it recognised and taken seriously by the core users of the 'net? Once again, I don't think Chrome has the reputation and legendary status of FF.

But, maybe I'm wrong... :)
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I still have to use IE, the works website only seems to work on it and the works PC is supposed to only use IE as the recommended browser.

Back home I'm using FF on one PC and chrome on the other.
Chrome does seem to run better and more smoothly.
Will check the firefox updates and see if I can get it up to speed, however Chrome is in the lead because I haven't had to faff about with it.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Claw wrote: Opera is the best web browser for mobile devices, but just as quick as FF on a PC. If I had to choose an alternate browser to FF it would be Opera.

The ethical profile of the development of FF is really appealing too. Other browsers have interesting add-on's. I like FF because of its feel and responsiveness. I dunno, maybe Opera would grow on me in time.

I wonder how these browsers compare architecturally. I know a couple of people who still love IE... there's none as strange as folk... :)

Chrome is a great innovation, but it needs to prove itself as seasoned browser. How secure is it, is it recognised and taken seriously by the core users of the 'net? Once again, I don't think Chrome has the reputation and legendary status of FF.

But, maybe I'm wrong... :)
I am not a chrome user, Chrome is proven to be more secure that FF and faster, geez Even IE9 is faster and more secure than FF in recent tests. FF still has issues with bloat and memory footprint. Chrome is a great browser but only because it came late and took working ideas from Opera, FF and IE it hasn't added much. In this when creating a browser, if you plan to introduce these functions then you will get a better, cleaner and quicker app than tacking functions on later, which is what FF and opera have done so that they remain backwards complatible.

Saying that I still use FF at home, it comes with the O/S and I am used to it.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Rasputin wrote: I am not a chrome user, Chrome is proven to be more secure that FF and faster, geez Even IE9 is faster and more secure than FF in recent tests. FF still has issues with bloat and memory footprint. Chrome is a great browser but only because it came late and took working ideas from Opera, FF and IE it hasn't added much. In this when creating a browser, if you plan to introduce these functions then you will get a better, cleaner and quicker app than tacking functions on later, which is what FF and opera have done so that they remain backwards complatible.

Saying that I still use FF at home, it comes with the O/S and I am used to it.
Well, your references will surely make for interesting reading. :)
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Bah you sound like one of my lecturers.

First Secure Browsers
<a href="http://arstechnica.com/business/news/20 ... claims.ars" target="_blank">http://arstechnica.com/business/news/20 ... ims.ars</a>

<a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a ... finds.html" target="_blank">http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a ... ds.html</a>

Next Bloat and Memory footprint
<a href="http://r3dux.org/2011/08/how-to-get-det ... er-itself/" target="_blank">http://r3dux.org/2011/08/how-to-get-det ... itself/</a> - more of a guide how to see for yourself.

The Rest is getting into programming which I would need to ref text books.

Edit those links were a quick google, more info can be found on-line.
Last edited by Rasputin on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Well im a firefox guy but like to use opera aswell. Cant stand IE and chrome in my eyes is just another way for google to spy and track you so wont touch that with a bardge pole im afraid.Or am I just uninformed and cynical :)

having a look at your link now ta :)

Class--