Mouse Mat?

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Do any of you use a mouse mat? In the past I never have. but now that I have this Sharkoon Rush Laser mouse I'm seriously thinking about getting one... not because of friction issues, but because I need to get a mouse mat with a fence around it cos controlling this laser mouse is like riding a rodeo! :blink:

It's crazy, the thing has a life of its own! :eek:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I use a razer exactmat but I think they're discontinued probably superceded by something better
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

S&S Steel thing, its ok but I'll pick up a replacement in the next 6 months or so.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

My mouse mat is the size of a small desk!
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Hammer wrote: My mouse mat is the size of a small desk!

I've had the same DKT foam type mat for years, its A3 sized and is great.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I use one of them things with a gel wrist support.

Or a pad of A4
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: I use a razer exactmat but I think they're discontinued probably superceded by something better
Trig wrote: S&S Steel thing, its ok but I'll pick up a replacement in the next 6 months or so.
I've been thinking of something fancy, now that I'm in the 'Fancy Mouse Club'. Image

Have you noticed a big difference between your fancy mat and the likes of your desktop surface and other 'normal' mats? :unsure:
Hammer wrote: My mouse mat is the size of a small desk!
:rolleyes: Really? So you have a really small one then? :whis:
andrew wrote: I've had the same DKT foam type mat for years, its A3 sized and is great.
A3 is bigger than A4 isn't it... I'd have to clear off a lot of important bottles, cans, sweet wrappers, post-it notes, cups and saucers to fit something like that on... does it have a sort of plastic surface?
Dangerous Bob wrote: I use one of them things with a gel wrist support.

Or a pad of A4
I've tried one of those Gel mouse mats, for those that can tolerate them they're great, but I found they rubbed on my wrist because I apply too much pressure when using the mouse, or the Gel part would block my range of movement.

I just wondered, and I suppose it's something I should have said from the start, if there is something that works particularly well with laser mice. With infra-red mice you can't use certain coloured surfaces such as black or red.

This has been really interesting, thanks gents, and Hammer. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I find it more accurate on a mat, probably due to them being a uniform surface or some shizzle..
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Claw wrote:
A3 is bigger than A4 isn't it... I'd have to clear off a lot of important bottles, cans, sweet wrappers, post-it notes, cups and saucers to fit something like that on... does it have a sort of plastic surface?

430mm x 350mm , so just bigger than 2 bits of A4. It is a dull smooth fabric surface, like a proper old school foam mouse mat with a top layer, except this doesn't have the foam base. If that made any sense !

First link from google : <a href="http://www.pchardware.co.uk/everglidedestruktpad.php" target="_blank">http://www.pchardware.co.uk/everglidedestruktpad.php</a>
Last edited by andrew on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

andrew wrote: 430mm x 350mm , so just bigger than 2 bits of A4. It is a dull smooth fabric surface, like a proper old school foam mouse mat with a top layer, except this doesn't have the foam base. If that made any sense !
First link from google : <a href="http://www.pchardware.co.uk/everglidedestruktpad.php" target="_blank">http://www.pchardware.co.uk/everglidedestruktpad.php</a>
Wow... that some mouse mat... :eek:

Out of curiosity... how big is your mouse? Do you use both hands to push it around? :D
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Claw wrote: Wow... that some mouse mat... :eek:

Out of curiosity... how big is your mouse? Do you use both hands to push it around? :D
<a href="http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =KB-000-BB" target="_blank">That's small mine is about 900mm x 450mm</a>
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Now you're just boasting.....
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: <a href="http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =KB-000-BB" target="_blank">That's small mine is about 900mm x 450mm</a>
Well, as my desk is my mouse mat, and it being about 5ft x 2ft, I think it's my mouse mat ftw... :)
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Same as Eagle, razer exactmat and its great, I was never a big fan of Razer products in my earlier gaming years but since I've got a Razer Naga mouse, Razer Keyboard and mouse mat, really pleased with them all.