Bfbc2 Server

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Hi Guys Just a suggestion to put to you all, who play BFBC2 as our server is not getting the people on I was thinking we should do what other servers that are full most of the time do.

Me and Nelly have had some fantastic games on another server which is running Heavy Metal 24/7 with 1000 tickets to start with (makes the games last a bit longer) and this server is full every night.

Can I surgest we change our server to run this map (Heavy Metal) on a Flag Capture format. on hard core settings No Ammo Count - No Map - Real Hard Core. Try this for a while and see if we get people in ? :2t:

Post up your thoughts as our server sits empty Day after Day. :(

Sorry Eagle but this means (if agreed ) for you to change the server :whis:
Last edited by Mega on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Sounds like a good idea. The map offers a lot of sniper training. Had a blast on there last few days.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've recently discovered that, although I had thought I had deleted my account, it wasn't really deleted. So, I've been having a bash again recently and have found that the games I really enjoy are the longer more drawn out rounds. It adds a huge, huge benefit to the game play. I found myself using different classes, and not having to race to everywhere.

The server I've been playing on has a ticket count of about 2000, maybe more. The long haul of battle really does take the game to a new level. I think it's a really good idea. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

After playing on that server last night, I would say that I didn't really enjoy it. Maybe by paying a mix of Flag capture and assault would be nice with increased ticket count for the assault maps. Locking down the amount of snipers is a good thing, Maybe losing the cross hairs when the gun is on the hip as well.

Does anyone know if the Lag issues have been sorted out yet on the server?
Rasputin

ImageImage
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Sorry guys, been offline for a few days.

I'll have a look and see if i can implement this
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: Sorry guys, been offline for a few days.
I'll have a look and see if i can implement this
Hope everything is okay Eagle? :)

In your own time! The work you have put into the clan, it's forums, and server is much appreciated, thank you. :th:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Well I've changed the map to Heavy Metal 24/7 with 1000 tickets hardcore.

Lets see how it goes.

I could probably see about limiting the pesky snipers to say 1 per team
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: Well I've changed the map to Heavy Metal 24/7 with 1000 tickets hardcore.
Lets see how it goes.
I could probably see about limiting the pesky snipers to say 1 per team
24/7? One sniper per team? :unsure:

I wonder if that may be too restrictive? On a map that size there is a greater dependence on transport or where you re-spawn and snipers can be very useful for this.

Would it be possible to have all the conquest maps (or at least the biggest ones) set to at least 1000 tickets, and keep the other rush maps in rotation and as they are?

How does that sound regarding the maps?

As for snipers, as said one per team seems a little restrictive, how about 6 per team, or one per squad?

Thank for considering this guys. :)
Last edited by Claw on Mon May 02, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Could we maybe limit the snipers to two per side
Rasputin

ImageImage
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

As much as snipers are annoying they are part of the game, problem is unless the entire team are playing as a team you will always get people hammering one class over another to get unlocks etc...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've been in a game where it was the same sniper taking me out time after time, and I couldn't find him for ages. But, because of the increased ticket count on the server I was on, there was time for me to go skulking around as a sniper to go get him/her.

In fact Mega was playing really well as a sniper some time this week, and for ages I couldn't suss where it was he was hiding. It added an edge to the game.

Their spree can be ended, and often quite humiliatingly so.... :fish:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yes, usually by dropping off a rock onto there head and knifing them :D
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I have to say last night on the server was ridiculous.

It was another night with a full/nearly full server all evening.

We were playing Arica Harbor and at one point there were 5 snipers on each team.

When playing on the US side you can camp just outside your spawn in the high up rocks and it makes it incredibly difficult for anyone to get up there and kill them.

It got to the point where you couldn't spawn and run anywhere without being picked off and people were then not going to cap the flags because you leave yourself fairly exposed.

Limiting the snipers is an obvious option, but perhaps to how many depends on the map in question as some maps could probably handle more than others.

my 2p :P
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Arica Harbour can be a really bad map for being sniper heavy. Perhaps the map should be dropped from rotation then? If this is what Mr. Ras is referring to then, yep, I'd agree 100% to their being a problem there. But I don't think there should be a blanket rule for all maps because of just the one.

If a server night started off with that map, or it appeared early on and we had to tell people they can't be snipers on that particular map then it would definitely lead to people dropping. Unless we could reduce the ticket count for that map alone, as it only becomes an issue as the majority of cover (walls, etc) disappears.

Personally, I don't think rules are the way to go though.