Worlds First Honeycomb Laptop / Tablet

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://armdevices.net/2011/02/28/worlds ... ebit-2011/" target="_blank">This</a> is cool.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Fantastic, I want one.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I'll probably get a tablet at some point, something in this sort of form would be nice I think, give you the best fo both worlds. If the 8 hours battery life for each module is true then when you actually use it for typing etc and it is 16 hours, or even over 10/12 then thats pretty awesome..

Eee Pad Transformer

Eee Pad TransformerPerhaps drawing inspiration from the long-delayed Lenovo U1 hybrid laptop, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer can be used by itself as a tablet, or to attach it to its portable docking station for access to a full QWERTY keyboard, extra USB ports, a card reader, and extended battery life. As a tablet, the Transformer gets approximately 8 hours of usage out of a single charge, and when docked, it can be used for up to 16 hours.

Under the hood, the Transformer will have an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor, a 16 GB or 32 GB solid state drive, 512 MB or 1 GB of system memory, and will also run Android OS 3.0. In addition, the Transformer will be equipped with a 1.2 megapixel front-facing camera, a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera, HDMI out, and will be Bluetooth and b/g/n Wi-Fi-ready.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Nellyboy wrote: <a href="http://armdevices.net/2011/02/28/worlds ... ebit-2011/" target="_blank">This</a> is cool.
Android certainly makes it look good, but the amount of times she said, "I think so", and the many times she agreed to the interviewers, "...maybe", leaves me wondering about what features it really does/will have.

Any tablets released are going to be benchmarked against the popular iPad, not only for performance, but for novelty feature factor.

I'm watching the Tablet market with interest, but at the moment there is nothing that does what I need in a combined sense yet.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I think its a case of just putting the most attractive person they have access too on the both, probably a new starter or someone who isnt in the know, see it all the time, its very rare you will see someone who is qualified to do more than stand there, smile, give out business cards and take numbers/email addresses...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Definitely a case of Totty knows Notty...

I love the idea of a tablet with decent keyboard.