Pc Bf1943 And Bc2 Onslaught Cancelled

General Gaming News
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The Electronic Arts UK Forums have the announcement that the other shoe has dropped on the PC edition of Battlefield 1943 as Karl Magnus Troedsson, General Manager of DICE, finally admits it has been cancelled (thanks Gamer's Hell). This comes two weeks after a profile for the game showed up in some new NVIDIA reference drivers, four months after a foul up suggested the PC edition had been released, six months after EA started refunding preorders, ten months after the game was promised "soon", and 18 months after the game's release on Xbox 360. Karl also announces that the doubts about the release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught for the PC were justified, as any plans for that are now cancelled as well. Word is:

This is one of those cross roads where I need to make a hard decision. While we’ll continue supporting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and previous games, it’s time to look ahead to the next giant leap for DICE – the release of Battlefield 3, powered by the mighty Frostbite 2 engine. Our goal is crystal clear: we’re going to build the best Battlefield game ever, and we’ll do whatever it takes to make this the biggest launch in DICE’s history.

We know some of you eagerly have been awaiting Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught on PC. I’m sad to say that these two titles are now officially cancelled. Instead, our talented teams will focus on delivering the greatest possible gaming experience in our next behemoth release. We’re confident this will lead to an even better experience in Battlefield 3, not only on PC, but on all platforms.

For an idea of what that means, watch this space for some exciting news I think you’ll like.

Following the "watch this space for some exciting news I think you’ll like" Battlefield 3 tease in today's PC BF1943 cancellation announcement, Planet Battlefield notes a few tweets from DICE employees suggesting there will be some BF3 news tomorrow
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Didnt even know they were planning these games, I've had BC2 for less than a month so far so havent really been keeping up..

I do notice however that EA still try to cover things up with something "shiney"..
...game cancelled, distract by teasing something else...
..game full of bugs, dont fix bugs instead distract with new map..

and so on and so forth, pretty much what EA is known for in my book..
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

I'm all for this, would rather all hands on deck for BF3

Which has a site and teaser out now

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP0Ij1_VTY0" target="_blank">Teaser Trailer</a>
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Legthigh wrote: I'm all for this, would rather all hands on deck for BF3

Which has a site and teaser out now

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP0Ij1_VTY0" target="_blank">Teaser Trailer</a>
Doesn't really show much. God I hate prone, the return of the dolphin divers. I was watching my daughter play Black Op's on the PS3 yesterday and some person was dolphin diving.

If the clan get this and we set our server to BF3

RULE 1: No dolphin diving or Hammer will ban you.
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Hammer wrote: Doesn't really show much. God I hate prone, the return of the dolphin divers. I was watching my daughter play Black Op's on the PS3 yesterday and some person was dolphin diving.

If the clan get this and we set our server to BF3

RULE 1: No dolphin diving or Hammer will ban you.

Agreed with you mate, not a big fan of prone either, hopefully they will make the animation a little slower or something so that you can't dolphin dive effectively.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Prones fine if your a sniper or being sneaky, other than that......
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Trig wrote: Prones fine if your a sniper or being sneaky, other than that......
Yeah its just annoying when people run in front of you, dive to the floor and kill you whilst your still shooting where there head would be. :lol:

Its all too fast they need to slow the animation or something.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Legthigh wrote: Yeah its just annoying when people run in front of you, dive to the floor and kill you whilst your still shooting where there head would be. :lol:

Its all too fast they need to slow the animation or something.
You mean like Matrix hax? :unsure:

Me thinks Leg's M40 secret has been bubbled... :fish:

:P
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Claw wrote: You mean like Matrix hax? :unsure:

Me thinks Leg's M40 secret has been bubbled... :fish:

:P
Nah that's just an overpowered weapon :P