Conflict with XP

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->EA Suggests Removing Windows Security Update news on 1UP describes a conflict between the new BF2142 patch and a Windows XP security update, being careful to emphasize that the conflict lies in XP, rather than the game. The issue is summed up in the following quote in the patch notes: "Players who have the Windows security update KB917422 installed may suffer from an application error when running Battlefield 2142. This error can be solved by uninstalling the KB917422 update."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:aao:
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

The game is perfect of course, the os is a pos. Lol.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Tough one, who's word do you take, MS or EA...
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Hmmmm let me think
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: :aao:
Welcome to another camping swing at EA using the ol' right 'n' left CTRL-C, CTRL-V... only to miss again and get fished by EA... :fish:

<a href="http://support.citrix.com/forums/thread ... adID=79836" target="_blank">KB917422 Problems</a>

<a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917422" target="_blank">Check out the 'Applies to...' list</a>

<a href="http://www.hyperbowl.com/support/kb917422.html" target="_blank">Impact on other games too...</a>

:whis:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

OK, I don't care, just someone release another patch pronto like and make it alright again.

I know it's impossible, but it's a pity programmers don't all frequent the same forums.

MS: We've come across a prob with remote access and ini files, so we want to change windoze so it's safer...

EA: Ahh we have a problem, we use ini files and need to change them remotely...

MS: OK no problem, we'll get together over a java and sort it,

EA: maybe we can rename our ini files as out'y files .....
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Dangerous Bob wrote: EA: maybe we can rename our ini files as out'y files .....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Problem solved :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Claw wrote: Welcome to another camping swing at EA using the ol' right 'n' left CTRL-C, CTRL-V... only to miss again and get fished by EA... :fish:
If you check my post and read the highlighted bit and then come back and apologise :aao: :aao: :aao:
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

ME thinks Hammer likes the :aao: smilie

:hug:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Myocardial Infarction wrote: ME thinks Hammer likes the :aao: smilie

:hug:
:D

They were originally introduced in a BF:V thread along with the plane, tank, and chopper... because of the game's diversity of course... :aao2:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Hammer wrote: If you check my post and read the highlighted bit and then come back and apologise :aao: :aao: :aao:
Have you not read it yet Claw? Or can't you admit it when you're wrong? :whis:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: Have you not read it yet Claw? Or can't you admit it when you're wrong? :whis:
Anyone that knows me well knows that I am big enough to admit when I am wrong. I therefore find it commendable that despite your very established ill feeling towards EA and the game Battlefied 2142 that you have, as a result of the supplied links, reconsidered what was implied in your original post.

As this is the case I feel that the smilie portraying shock or surprise at EA implicating MS can be duly removed to fully convey your remorse, and accurately display the sentiment behind EA's copied and pasted comment. :)

Now then... let's get on with the GSV Fun 'n' Games... :gsv:
Last edited by Claw on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Claw wrote: Anyone that knows me well knows that I am big enough to admit to when I am wrong. I therefore find it commendable that despite your very established ill feeling towards EA and the game Battlefied 2142 that you have, as a result of the supplied links, reconsidered what was implied in your original post.

As this is the case I feel that the smilie portraying shock or surprise at EA implicating MS can be duly removed to fully convey your remorse, and accurately display the sentiment behind EA's copied and pasted comment. :)

Now then... let's get on with the GSV Fun 'n' Games... :gsv:
Right can you explain your post in English?

I put a post up saying that the game has a problem with a MS hotfix, so If people who have purchased the game are having problems it may be because of the hotfix and not the game.

Then you accuse me of having a camping swing at EA.

I have no ill feeling towards EA at all or the game BF2142. When have you heard me say this or where are my posts saying this.

I have promoted BF2 & 2142 on the forums, but I wont be buying BF2142 as it doesn't appeal to me.

I eagerly await another political reply
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

There now follows a Party political Broadcast on behalf of the EA Party.....

Claw wrote: Anyone that knows me well knows that I am big enough to admit when I am wrong. I therefore find it commendable that despite your very established ill feeling towards EA and the game Battlefied 2142 that you have, as a result of the supplied links, reconsidered what was implied in your original post.

Also I think you've got H & myself mixed up, as it is I who hates everything that is EA :angry: . POS.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Don't be so sensitive, and you're not the only one who won't be buying it - check the poll. :)
Last edited by Claw on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.