Realistic Robot Facial Expressions

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFVlzUAZ ... r_embedded" target="_blank">OMG this is freaky</a>
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

:o
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

That is some serious business
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Great I can replace the wife soon :2t:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

But...... why???

Globalisation, mass production, tier economics, and what have you, has caused untold damage to humanness and people interaction. If this Robotic demonstration was being done as part of some film animatronics, fair dinkums, but these attempts at replacing humanity are just a bonkers path to even contemplate sauntering down.

From robotic baby seals for the elderly, to robotic humans with the capacity of empathetic expressions is being taken way too seriously by the Japanese; it's becoming scary. Is there some kind of philosophy behind this kind of thing for them or something? :wacko:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Agree Claw, who needs any of that shite. Get a leggy tart to sit there instead. No need to teach her to talk, noone is listening :o
Last edited by Nellyboy on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Well, what they've achieved is fascinating, and technologically astounding, but how necessary? Maybe I'm being an old grump or something then... after all, I didn't like it when newsreaders started pushing their persona's while doing news reports with their own sense of humour thrown in on certain stories... ya'know the newscaster in-jokes, etc...

I hated phoning a company or service and then having to pick a number following a list of options, only to find a new list of options after that. I'd rather a human answer and then after a brief explanation as to what I want, they then put me through to the appropriate department.

I think I'm having a grumpy night... :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I wonder why they dont have these robots in fat womens bodys, after all there would be a lot more room to hide all the cables and internal jiggery pokery...
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

:lol: I spat out me coffee there Trig.

:gsv:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I just find it suspiscious that all of these robots are attractive females that are slim, attractive and would probably fit into the japanese school girl image quite well, oh and they all seem to be built by blokes older than 30 and of a certain stereotype so to say..
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Can't view Youtibe at work but can only imagine from what others have said.

I watched a film the other night called "The Surrogate" where people didn't leave their home, instead they sent their robot out and lived life through it while lying in a chair.

Need to watch the film for the meaning but why do we really need robots, isn't the risk / reward of living what we should be striving for. I personally don't want to live my life through a machine.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Myocardial Infarction wrote: Can't view Youtibe at work but can only imagine from what others have said.

I watched a film the other night called "The Surrogate" where people didn't leave their home, instead they sent their robot out and lived life through it while lying in a chair.

Need to watch the film for the meaning but why do we really need robots, isn't the risk / reward of living what we should be striving for. I personally don't want to live my life through a machine.
Wonder how many do actually choose to live this way via the Internet even now, eh? :unsure:
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: I just find it suspiscious that all of these robots are attractive females that are slim, attractive and would probably fit into the japanese school girl image quite well, oh and they all seem to be built by blokes older than 30 and of a certain stereotype so to say..
Please leave Nelly out of this :fish: