Company Of Heroes Online...

PC & Console gaming
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Company of Heroes Online – the free-to-play version of the classic PC real-time strategy game that’s previously only been available in Asia – is going to be released in the West, publisher THQ said today.
Company of Heroes Western launch will see the original 2006 title essentially re-released. Multiplayer will become "persistent", requiring you to create a character then log hours and win matches to advance in rank. Or, if you’d rather skip the slog and get straight into the more powerful abilities and units, you can just pay up (though paying won’t get you anything you can’t unlock through regular play).
As a pleasant bonus, the game will include, also free of charge, the singleplayer campaign from the original Company of Heroes, which even four years on remains the pinnacle of real-time strategy in many people’s eyes.
Oh, and if you’re wondering whether this will be a sloppy port handled by an external studio, fear not: it’s being handled by Relic, developers of the original (and Homeworld, Dawn of War series)." <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Steam Unpowered
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Checked out some videos here but have mixed feelings... Graphically impressive, if it's free then I'll be giving it a go.

Some vids amongst the many that are out there...

<a href="http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=TFl ... line-play=" target="_blank">Vid 1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9mnUhmqSD8" target="_blank">Vid 2</a>
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
D3s3rt_F0x
Advanced Member

Post by D3s3rt_F0x »

Bought the retail version of this the other week with some mates and been thoroughly enjoying it online, although its usually been me + them doing co-op play.

I have tried a game with them 2v2 but one rage quit and the guys who play it online normally are animals.