Catalyst Beta Drivers

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Anyone find an alternative source for this?

<a href="http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthr ... ?p=2232800" target="_blank">http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthr ... 2232800</a>

I keep getting blocked by megaupload
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: Anyone find an alternative source for this?

<a href="http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthr ... ?p=2232800" target="_blank">http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthr ... 2232800</a>

I keep getting blocked by megaupload
This is the megaupload I used:

<a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0UTSKFBK" target="_blank">Megaupload that worked for Claw</a>

Those benefitting from these drivers are mostly those with 5xxx series cards. My card is running a treat, so I'm not going to mess with anything just yet. I never really wanted to move to ATI because they're known for their driver issues...

Some say that BFBC2 loads quicker with these drivers. Well, I do experience the slower loads, but all else is very well and ticketyboo on all high settings - especially so as I can play BFBC2 in a window!

I noticed you apparently lagging last night Slatz, our progress in that tank had me in hysterics. Could I suggest you give your system a clean up with Superspyware? Even if you have all kinds of other stuff that is supposed to be doing that?

<a href="http://www.superantispyware.com/" target="_blank">Superantispyware Free edition (Blue button)</a>
Last edited by Claw on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

<strike>That is the megaupload that doesn't let me in</strike>. Now downloading. :)

Spyware thingy downloading now. No spyware found :)
Last edited by Slatz on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: <strike>That is the megaupload that doesn't let me in</strike>. Now downloading. :)

Spyware thingy downloading now. No spyware found :)
Ah, okay, well I hope these drivers sort out your problem. It really is epic when the clan are playing together... just need to get Trig on now... where's that Stocky bloke too... Screwy would love this game... Myo - send your PC to one of the clan next time, will be much quicker and cheaper. :)

I noticed that my NAS drive hampered my connection a bit, so I just stop the service before I go into a game. Other users on your LAN are also likely to take up bandwidth.

Windows 7 is pretty good at keeping on top of the defragging - you're not using Vista are you?
Last edited by Claw on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

My PC case is having a few mods and won't be ready for a couple of weeks yet.

Been braiding the PSU which is a total mare to do all those cables.

Games sat on my desk waiting to be abused ;)
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

308mb for ATI Drivers? Something not right there.

I'll download them and give em a whirl.

EDIT: Download them slowly.
Last edited by Hammer on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: 308mb for ATI Drivers? Something not right there.

I'll download them and give em a whirl.

EDIT: Download them slowly.
These drivers contain the whole kit and caboodle of everything you could download associated with your graphics. Usually ATI have the different features or needs aligned in different areas, or they are downloaded as the installer detects the need for them.

There is a good probability you won't need everything that is in that 308MB, but there appears to be something in there that some are raving about - beta drivers that are allegedly making the BFBC2 life of some a whole lot better.

I'm okay with what I have and will wait for the official release. :)
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Worked for me. Now just a 15 second wait between maps before I can start dying again.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Couldn't download those drivers. The file hung twice due to shitty download speeds.

However found this:

<a href="http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... otfix.aspx" target="_blank"> ATI Catalyst™ 10.4 Preview Information and Download </a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ATI Catalyst™ 10.4 Preview Information and Download

* Back

Last Updated
4/6/2010
Article Number
GPU-66

ATI Catalyst™ 10.4 Preview features:
The ATI Catalyst 10.4 Preview provides resolution for the following issue:

* Long load times for new maps in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when using an ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series graphics card

Download:
In order to download and install the ATI Catalyst 10.4 Preview, click on the following link:

* Catalyst 10.4 Preview for Windows® 7 / Windows Vista 32-bit Edition
* Catalyst 10.4 Preview for Windows® 7 / Windows Vista 64-bit Edition
* Catalyst 10.4 Preview for Windows® XP Professional and Home Edition
* Catalyst 10.4 Preview for Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition

Note! This driver is provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue described above. This release is not supported by ATI Radeon™ HD5800 Eyefinity 6 series of products.

For detailed instructions on how to install the driver preview, refer to:

* Article GPU-33 for a Windows 7 based system
* Article GPU-1 for a Windows Vista based system
* Article GPU-2 for a Windows XP / Windows 2000 based system

Additional Recommendations:
If the issue continues to occur after installation of the driver preview, the following troubleshooting steps can help resolve the issue:

1. The problem may be a result of issues within the game application. Install any patches and / or updates available for the game application.
1. Contact the game developer for instructions on how to obtain / install the latest patches and / or updates for the game application
2. Conflict between the graphics card and motherboard’s BIOS version can cause performance issues. To reduce any hardware compatibility conflicts, install the latest BIOS version available for the motherboard
1. Contact the motherboard manufacturer for instructions on how to obtain / install the latest BIOS version for the motherboard
3. Installation errors that may have occurred during the installation of the game application may cause performance instability. Perform a clean install of the game application
1. First uninstall the application
2. Perform a fresh install of the application
3. Install any available patches / updates for the application
4. If the problem persists, reinstall the ATI Catalyst 10.4 Driver Preview
4. Installation errors that may have occurred during the installation of the ATI Catalyst Software may cause performance instability. Perform a clean install of the ATI Catalyst Software
1. For detailed instructions on the recommended steps for uninstalling / installing ATI drivers, refer to:
1. Article GPU-33 for a Windows 7 based system
2. Article GPU-1 for a Windows Vista based system
3. Article GPU-2 for a Windows XP / Windows 2000 based system

Applicable Products:
This article applies to the following configuration(s):

* Hardware
o ATI Radeon™ HD 5xxx series of products
o ATI Radeon™ HD 4xxx series of products
* Software
o Battlefield: Bad Company 2
o City of Heroes (Beta Release)
* Operating System
o Windows® 7 32bit
o Windows® 7 64bit
o Windows® Vista 32 bit
o Windows® Vista 64 bit<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It took me 30 seconds from clicking on the join server tab to be able to select weapons with the 10.3's
Tried the 10.4 preview and it takes exactly the same time.

I'll try changing the map on the server to see if it is quicker.

EDIT: Tried changing map on server no difference, still 30 secs using Win7 64

EDIT 2: Got the package the Slatz has and no difference in load times for me on my ATI 4890
Last edited by Hammer on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.