A Friendly?

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Anybody up for a friendly? Perhaps a deathmatch?

If anyone is really scared by thhe prospect then maybe we could find an empty server and have an in-clan bash? :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I don't intend playing the game enough to get good enough for Clan matches.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: I don't intend playing the game enough to get good enough for Clan matches.
I really admire people who can say what they mean, and mean what they say, you're a brilliant guy Mr. Eagle, sir.

Could you ever imagine me being good enough for a Clan match? :blink: Maybe, 'a friendly' sounded a little too formal when I think of what your experience would suggest as a 'friendly'.

Maybe I should have asked, "Who would like to be hanged, drawn, and quartered by another Clan... for the fun of it?"

But if it's not worth considering, then I'll just wait for the rest of the guys to respond to the BFBC2 Invitations I've sent 'em... come on guys, it worked with Eagle just fine... :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

First of all do we have 8 BFBC players?
Do we know of a clan that would host a password protected match?
If we do then,
We would need to work on getting our unlocks unlocked, my kit is pants!!!
Work on some real strategies:
Who plays best with what kit?
What kits should the the squads have?
Learn the Maps"!!!!!!!

I would be up for a Clan match at some point. Just let me know.

Have you sent me a friend request
Rasputin

ImageImage
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

First of all do we have 8 BFBC players?

I think so...

Do we know of a clan that would host a password protected match?

Yep, there's a clan. I played CS:S on their server for a short while and their admin was almost as good as we once had when we had servers.

We would need to work on getting our unlocks unlocked, my kit is pants!!!

More reason for us all to play together more.

Who plays best with what kit?

I'm progressing quite well as Assault. I've got the M416, and other bits and bobs.

What kits should the the squads have?

That kit that let's you run quick would be important for us I think... but being serious, I suppose two forces, an attack force and a defence force. Cap 'n' Keep.

Learn the Maps"!!!!!!!

Another good point. :unsure:
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Do you have "good relations" with them? if so see what the rest of the clan say.

Personally I would like for a couple of nights with 8 or so of us playing trying out different tactics and getting to know the game a bit better.

I would like a clan match at some point, but lets get us sorted first.

On a side note, You set up the Teamspeak server didn't you? Thanks for that but have you noticed that it keeps disconnecting and logging people off all the time. Maybe you could contact the provider?
Rasputin

ImageImage
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Rasputin wrote: Do you have "good relations" with them? if so see what the rest of the clan say.

Personally I would like for a couple of nights with 8 or so of us playing trying out different tactics and getting to know the game a bit better.

I would like a clan match at some point, but lets get us sorted first.

On a side note, You set up the Teamspeak server didn't you? Thanks for that but have you noticed that it keeps disconnecting and logging people off all the time. Maybe you could contact the provider?
They've said that we can use their server any time, just don't recruit.

Well, as to what the rest of the clan say, that's the purpose of this thread. Thanks for sharing!

Having time on a server together is what was suggested in this or another thread, it's still a good suggestion and good to hear it from someone else too.

Whatever needs to be sorted needs a goal. If there is to be a clan match, at this stage it would only be the friendliest of friendlies. We'll possibly get mauled, but at the end of the day the clan motto isn't going to change and will be our thoughts going into any match and coming out the other end of a match. I don't care too much about the results... I leave those kinds of targets for real life.

As for the TS Server, it was working fine when we were on together that night and I haven't been on since due to circumstances, but I'll check the logs and contact the provider. Thanks for keeping me informed, I wasn't aware of it happening. You'll notice that you are all Ops, so you can create channels, kick people, whatever...

Despite my initial concerns setting up the server was a doddle actually. However, my problem lay in my trying to set up a TS3 client on a TS2 server, not knowing that they were both admin'd differently. TS2 is through a browser, but TS3 is through the client. Other than that it was a doddle as I said.

Who specifically has been disconnected, all of you?
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Been disconnected a few times myself. Get a few error voice messages in the background. Couldn't connect last night as server "was not there". Tried later on and it worked fine.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Sorry Claw, that was my usual posting as I am running out the door.

Clan match would be great if the rest of them want it, no point in just the two of us going for it. I've been loving playing along side the guys again,.

As to the TeamSpeak server, sorry I think I came across ungrateful, which I am not. I was just alerting you to the issue. The problem could be intermittent but most nights I get knocked off the server 2-3 times a night. The other Lads have also mentioned this.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Perhaps if it is a TS3 issue running on a TS2 server then change it back to TS2.

I dont think the quality is all that much different and we always used TS2 before.

If it makes it easier for you then change it back
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: Perhaps if it is a TS3 issue running on a TS2 server then change it back to TS2.

I dont think the quality is all that much different and we always used TS2 before.

If it makes it easier for you then change it back
Well, initially it was a TS2 Server, but in my thinking the TS3 Client software was just an upgrade over the TS2 Client. At the time I didn't know the difference between them was the way they are managed.

In talking to their support bods I learned the difference between them as this: TS2 Servers are managed through a browser, but the TS3 Server is managed by the TS3 Client. They suggested (probably out of exasperation!) that I change from a TS2 Server to a TS3 Server to make things easier for myself.

The TS3 is easier to manage, but if it isn't as reliable as a TS2 then what you suggest is what we should do.

I'm going to drop in on their live support now and will update you guys asap.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Well if my local Game has it in stock, I will be buying it tomorrow as something else to play.

Also hope my PC can play it without a lag fest.
Last edited by madman045 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Madman045 wrote: Well if my local Game has it in stock, I will be buying it tomorrow as something else to play.

Also hope my PC can play it without a lag fest.
Slatz pointed out that it's ten quid cheaper if you buy it from Game online... I paid £24.99. It'll come in the post in about 2-3 days... if you can wait that long. :D
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

It's sold out on the Game website otherwise I would have ordered it and that was the limited edition too
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Madman045 wrote: It's sold out on the Game website otherwise I would have ordered it and that was the limited edition too
It's just as cheap from<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlefield-Bad ... 557&sr=1-2" target="_blank"> Amazon UK</a>. But I don't think it's the Limited Edition - but I've not seen any real advantage to the Limited Edition tbh.